How much does Stickman make?

bangkokreal

As a regular reader of the Stickman website, I notice that his favourite restaurants are in the upper level of the market. And just the other week he was describing about taking his missus out to some upmarket hangout.

Since Stick is a low paid English teacher, the assumption must be he's earning a comfortable sum from his bargirl investigations (he's around the country most every week) and his infamous website.

Normally, I'd say good for him, but there was a little plea a couple of weeks ago for advertisers to support his site, which doesn't sit so easily with comfortable lifestyle he's made for himself.

Anybody got any ideas how much he makes?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Upmarket hangout? Don't think I have ever seen stick talk about a real upmarket place, like the Dome, or the Oriental, etc. The Italian palce he raves about all the time is hardly upmarket. You can get a meal for 2 with wine there for way less then 4K. That ain't upmarket to me. Can't see him springing 10k for meal like at Sirrocco.

Besides, what is it to you if he making money on site?

TH

Since Stick is a low paid English teacher

Your assumption, my friend. Stick does have pages describing the ups and downs of teaching English in Thailand, but recent posts would seem to indicate that many of the more experienced teachers are doing quite nicely, thanks for asking. I think Stick's message is that too many Farangs expect to lob in Thailand and have it all laid out for them on a platter ....

It is common knowledge that English language teachers are low paid in Thailand. At the top end, an International School teacher will earn around 100K, while the usual going rate in private schools is around 20-25k baht. Stick works within a Thai public school if I am not mistaken where salaries are extrememly low.

4k for a meal? That. friend, is definitely in the upper range.

And it is of interest to us all since Stickman is most definitely in the public domain.

A couple of weeks ago, Ajarn Phil makes a book deal from the content of his site. Do you not think the same idea has entered Stickman's head. And all of those submissions on Stickman have a Stickman copyright on them, check out the top of the first page.

So if Stickman is making money out of his contributor's submissions, I think it is a fair topic for conversation

Hi,

Those submissions were all entered freely and are displayed freely. I fail to see how they change anything in the fact that whatever he earns from his site is his business, and hence not a fair topic for conversation.

If he himself is willing to post about his earnings then no problem, but I do not like this speculation about how much he makes.

Sanuk!

And all of those submissions on Stickman have a Stickman copyright on them, check out the top of the first page.

I checked the first page:

* Anything you write remains YOUR property and the copyright is YOURS.

He does add that if he edits the piece, and you wish to submit it elsewhere you should use the original thing you wrote though. I guess the Stickman copywrite is to stop other people copying the content of his whole site, as well as the submissions.

I agree 4k for a meal is a lot more than I'd pay in LOS, not here though.

Stick's put countless hours into his website, hope it makes him rich, good on him.

Bangkokreal,

Do you really need to be told that such personal matters aren't to be discussed on a public board unless he himself (Stickman) comes forward with his approval as KS mentioned?

Or are you a tro....

Since you're a newbie and know absolutely nothing I'll buy you a :beer:

Zaad (know-it-all)

Archived