Ex pats - do you take bg's to your home?

sonic

For those that live in Thailand, do you ever take BG's back to your home or make do in ST hotels?

If so, how do you take precautions that security, staff etc don't talk to your GF/wife?

Do you have to watch out for your possessions all the time?!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

When I was still single I always took the girls home; never had a problem. This is 6-8 years ago though, so no idea if it is still safe to do so.

It was not even that uncommon to have girls clean your apartment for you in the morning before they left.

Oh, I did tend to only take girls I had gotten to know a bit. I hardly ever took a girl the first time we met, usually visit the bar a couple times first and then take her home.

Sanuk!

No, never! I know too many who have had problems, including two expats who actually had to move to another apartment across town to get rid of persistent BGs. One faked a return to the States, and the gal tearfully saw him off at the airport, whilst his friends were moving his belongings to another place in preparation of his return in a couple of weeks. That BG did marry another American, but somehow found out where her old heart throb was and began phoning him frequently from the States telling him how much she missed him. The gal's husband eventually got wise and called up to ask why the guy was calling with his wife. He said he wasn't calling her and asked him to please make her stop calling him!

A neighbour -- known to some board members, in fact -- used to bring the gals to his apartment to save money. Then one BG took to showing up at his doorstep whenever she needed money. He generally gave her something to get rid of her, but once she showed up when he had another gal there and it came to blows between the BGs.

I discovered early in my Peace Corps days the wisdom of never bringing a girl home, plus never telling her your real name (at least full name) or where you worked. One PC vol thought it was great that he was getting to shag a BG who was approaching her "use by" date for free. That is until she showed up in the English Dept of his college asking for him. The dept head sent someone to get him from his classroom and have him greet his "friend". Took him some time to live that down at work.

It is wisest to take them to an ST hotel and protect your privacy. What I did when I moved into Bangkok after years of working upcountry was to confine my shagging to the massage parlours. It was cheaper and you knew exactly what you were getting. I did have a regular BG for a while, a cute young thing I liked very much. But I took her to an ST hotel, since she obviously had more serious intentions for me than I did for her.

Flashermac said:

One faked a return to the States, and the gal tearfully saw him off at the airport

That BG did marry another American, but somehow found out where her old heart throb was and began phoning him frequently from the States telling him how much she missed him.

It's saddening to see how spineless some guys are. Faking a return and seeing tears when they part...My goodness.

And about the phone problem, there are nutty girls out there, but with the frequency of such stories I suspect there are a lot of braggers out there. It's prestige to have girls falling so utterly they can not get shaken off. Makes good stories in the pub, right?

Paillote

I can't speak for everyone but I think a large part of the clingy BG problem has to do with how the men are acting. If you do the Pretty Woman fantasy of seducing the hooker with the golden heart then yes, they fall hard. I've seen the text messages and emails sent to BGs from their "boyfriends" and they are nicer than anything my friends back home send to their girlfriends and wives.

As some of you know, I'm a newbie to bangkok and when I first got here, I hooked up with a bar girl working at morning night bar. It was great fun and she's the sweetest girl. She's in Vietnam right now with a boyfriend but she gives me grief on the phone if I tell her I am with someone else. I also can't go out anywhere in Nana now without one of her friends spotting me. The mistake I made was getting too attached to her.

Lately, when I go out, I flirt pretty openly with a lot of girls. That way they know I'm not so serious. I get a lot of comments about being a butterfly but it's almost always been said in a joking manner ("You butterfly! But you CUTE butterfly!") And so far, it hasn't stopped any of the girls I've wanted from going home with me.

Hmmm...braggers?

I can understand how some guys might brag about how many women they've seduced, but I'll never understand why some guys brag about the women they've rented. Perhaps it's because they've never had a woman otherwise?

Most guys who boast about how a BG cried upon his departure, or how she constantly calls him, are usually delusional about the realities of the game.

Absolutely not for a variety of reasons. I will list two. First, when I first moved here, lived in a nice serviced apartment and was less careful, I had a problem with a drunk and otherwise very intoxicated BG banging on my apartment door at 3 am - no idea how she got past the guards, but she did. I am sure that "impressed" my neighbors. Second, I know many of the other people in my condo building professionally - that alone is a good enough reason.

My solution: A few years back, before condo prices sky rocketed, I made an "investment" in a second, less expensive condo conveniently located in the lower Sois of Sukhumvit. The condo is worth substantially more now, and the peace of mind it has provided is priceless.

Archived