Ozzy bloke hanged

Ah, well ... what the heck:

Bush: Constitution"just a goddamned piece of paper"

By: IO ERROR

Posted: December 9, 2005

During a meeting with Republican Congressional leaders last month, in which they expressed concerns about renewing the Patriot Act, President George W. Bush reportedly espoused a very low opinion of the Constitution, calling it "just a goddamned piece of paper."

This report, if true, would corroborate many things we've seen out of the Bush administration since it took over in 2001, such as the Patriot Act itself, the resistance to judicial process for people captured in the so-called war on terror, and more.

I won't go into all the reasons why true conservatives have become increasingly concerned over the Bush presidency in this post, though I've written about them before and will again. Today the topic is Bush's opinion of the Constitution and the rule of law.

GOP leaders told Bush that his hardcore push to renew the more onerous provisions of the act could further alienate conservatives still mad at the President from his botched attempt to nominate White House Counsel Harriet Miers to the Supreme Court.

"I don't give a goddamn," Bush retorted. "I'm the President and the Commander-in-Chief. Do it my way."

"Mr. President," one aide in the meeting said. "There is a valid case that the provisions in this law undermine the Constitution."

"Stop throwing the Constitution in my face," Bush screamed back. "It's just a goddamned piece of paper!"

I've talked to three people present for the meeting that day and they all confirm that the President of the United States called the Constitution "a goddamned piece of paper."

And, to the Bush Administration, the Constitution of the United States is little more than toilet paper stained from all the shit that this group of power-mad despots have dumped on the freedoms that "goddamned piece of paper" used to guarantee. " Doug Thompson

I even hesitated to post this today, because Thompson is frequently an unreliable source of information, but something like this needs to be investigated and verified or refuted. (Such as his claim, in the very same post, that Alberto Gonzales said the Constitution was an outdated document. He actually said the Geneva Convention was outdated. Commentators writing about that statement literally put words in Gonzales' mouth. And that's yet another story.)

I know a few House staffers read this site from time to time. Contact me if you were present and can verify what happened at this meeting.

The Patriot Act reauthorization has come out of conference with most of the safeguards against abuse scrapped, and I urge you to contact your representative and Senators now to advise them to vote No.

http://www.ioerror.us/2005/12/09/bush-constitution-just-a-goddamned-piece-of-paper/

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I agree with Aus politician Philip Ruddock that it's "barbaric" of Singapore :down: to murder in cold blood a perfectly healthy young human being for trafficking drugs.

Yes, I know drug addiction causes untold misery and death and degradation, because of present legislation.

Simple solution - legalize heroin for registered addicts. They could get it on prescription rather than muggings, breakins and prostitution, and after their daily fix lead perfectly normal lives.

Queen Victoria, the former head of state in Singapore, used to take opium (laudanum) every night to help her sleep. I wonder if there's a statue of her somewhere in Singapore.

Archived