Ozzy bloke hanged

I am always amazed at these "mules" who carry drugs at the risk of their life for not really that much money. (Usually said to be about US$10,000.) Singapore and Malaysia kill people for carrying drugs, pure and simple. Thailand more sensibly throws them into prison for a long time.

What bothers me is that the real villains are never punished -- the "big guys" who run the drug trade and pay these mules to take the chances. Killing the carriers and not going after the big shots is like punishing the privates and letting the generals get away.

p.s. Anyone remember the Shan drug lord of the late 1980s, who was finally captured by the Thais -- but just sort of "got away"?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i hear differing Stories here.

i'm sure i heard a mention that the Hangman in Singapore wanted to retire because of his age and that no-one wanted his Job.

now i hear he was sacked because some Aussie Newspaper revealed his Name and he was sacked.

which is right?.

and don't forget that the USA have just executed the 1000th Person since Capital Punishment was introduced in 1976.

and Bush was responsible for the signing of around 150 of those Death Warrants.

i'm not sure where i stand on Execution for certain Crimes,yes People must be punished but to what extreme for certain Crimes?.

but one thing i do agree with is the total extermination of anyone who take a Child's Life.

anyone who tortures,rapes or kills a Child deserves the ultimate punishment.

i would glady fire the final bullet,switch that electric switch or pull the lever which made the fucker dangle.

i'm sure i heard a mention that the Hangman in Singapore wanted to retire because of his age and that no-one wanted his Job.

now i hear he was sacked because some Aussie Newspaper revealed his Name and he was sacked.

which is right?.

All media hype from what I read. I don't believe either story. He says he wants to retire, but can't... if he really wanted to he would simply retire. Not his problem if nobody else wants his job... or maybe he's simply very conscientious.

He wasn't sacked, although there were reports saying otherwise... he still hanged VN.

Just a slight clarification. Capitol punishment wasn't introduced in 1976. The Supreme Court stated that capitol punishment wasn't "cruel and inhumane punishment" and allowed states to re-instate it. Sayjann, would your beliefs include the murder, several years ago, of a child at a shopping mall in England. I believe that it was done by two adolesents, who were convicted as adolesents and confined for a few years until they turned either 18 or 21. At that point, there were so many death threats against them, that they were given new identities. I have no idea whats happened to them since then. Contrast this with the case in Florida of a black kid of 12 or 14 years of age, that tried several pro wresling moves on his younger sister and killed her. I believe that he was tried as an adult and given 20 to 30 years in jail.

I have no sympathy for Drug Dealers, Pedophiles or Murderers of innocents. When public exhibitions of Hangings, or just the 'Dangling Results" started to be hidden, the crime rate started up. Public executions may slow down the criminal element. Anyone that promots Drugs are killing people ever day. If we execute the Dealers, Importers, and ALL of those involved, we will dry up the market.

Flashermac said

"What bothers me is that the real villains are never punished -- the "big guys" who run the drug trade and pay these mules to take the chances. Killing the carriers and not going after the big shots is like punishing the privates and letting the generals get away."

This phenomenon is not restricted to drug trafficking rather it permeates through all aspects of life ....the small fish are always sacrificed and rarely very rarely a big fish is hooked.

What worries me most is that when you have such harsh penalties and judiciaries that are hardly independent you leave open the very strong likelihood that innocent people can get caught and hanged......police state stuff really....and of course when you have very heavy penalties corruption becomes a major concern.....

As we can see thou from quite a few posters on this board this sort of punishment is not unpopular rather there seem some here who get some sort of perverse pleasure out of the misery of others. I think their attitudes are a sad reflection on their own state of mind. This hang em high attitude seems to give them a real kick or is it the fact that they see someone who they think is sadder than themselves and thus gives them the feeling that they are better than the poor unfortunate who is getting executed. Regardless of the crime it would give me no great pleasure to see someone executed rather i would feel that as a society we have completely failed when the only solution is to take someones life.

"What bothers me is that the real villains are never punished -- the "big guys" who run the drug trade and pay these mules to take the chances. Killing the carriers and not going after the big shots is like punishing the privates and letting the generals get away."

True, especially that many carriers are druggies themselves. Still I appreciate that state of things and it's a huge motivation to get a stronger position in society. Besides drug business is very risky and very powerful heads tend to fall- or I guess it's better to be burmese than colombian ?!?

For one I admire the drug lords for the way they picked up with a globalised and competitive market as did leaders in other industries, with the extra issue to deal with huge legal barriers to keep their business growing.

You have leaders and stooges. Why give a shit for the stooges if you strive for big player's game?

Archived