Fuckity Fuck Fuck Fuck! - Missed me Flights

David_66_UK

Had a chat to Etihad, strangely enough they would not hold my flight for a day!

Earliest availability is Saturday Jan 14th - so that is the Stag Do cancelled, at least for me :(

The problem I have is that unless I go with Etihad on the outward leg, that I also lose my return on 6 Feb.

Although I can change the return leg date (for a charge) I have already lost my return connection from London to home. But more importantly booking a new seat even for one way at short notice does not look like it will be cheap, especially with a new outward connection flight.

Unusually for me I already have some work lined up for beginning of Feb, which I would like to do, cos it has a good chance of being something regular (conveniantely on and off) for the next couple of years. The bugger is that it would be a minimum for 6 weeks (or so), so at best I am looking at an expensive 2 week trip (I wasn't too happy with "just" a month as it was).

I may therefore be just writing off me tickets and trip. £500 odd quid. Bugger. :( Especially if I can bring this contract forward.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fuck & I though I was gonna be fucked as snow was threaten to delay my LOS departure!

All turned out fine as opposed to your situation I really feel with you, but also understand life must go on - even without the stag do :)

See you next time & say hi to some danes at legoland ;)

Cheers guys, good news today was that my refund will mean I am "only" going to be £200 out of pocket - although 6 weeks for the cheque, not great but a lot better than I thought / was previously told it would be.

And landed another contract, starting Monday - unfortunately they want 10 weeks outta me - so I am stuck. When is Songkran? :D

I wish I was the Missus and didn't have to think that far ahead ::

Good to hear you got most of your money back ,

Often if they refuse to give you a cash credit they will give you credit on another flight so you do not lose it all !

This works on many "non-refundable" flights , no money back , but a credit for a later flight in the next 12 months....

OC

David66UK said:

When is Songkran? :D

Man, I feel with you.......... :( my heart goes out to you, as all those emotions must fly through your head, and I am not even speaking about your relation........ I missed a flight as well once to BKK, due to a late arrival of a taxi.

Made it 20 min before the flight, but checkin closed right in front of me.

Luckily I could arrange another flight in the afternoon to FRA and I arrived in LOS only 8 hours late.......

Songran is from the 15th to the 19th of april, depending where in LOS.......

Good luck !

BB

Archived