Foriegners not being able to buy land.........

whcouncill

FIGJAM said:
BelgianBoy said:
FIGJAM said:

Tell your tourist friend in Australia that wants to buy an house there that he/she can:

- buy land and start building his/her house within 12 months from the purchase

- buy a new built house

- buy an older than 6 months house and invest at least 50% of the original property cost on improvements or additional construction

Thailand allows you (who even are not just a tourist but a resident legally working and paying taxes there and married to a Thai citizen) NONE of the above.

Errrrr...... wrong....... basically any farang can do the above in LOS, except have the title of ownership.

But buy & built is not the problem, owning it is.

Confusing isnt it ?

Your track record in past threads makes me wonder whether this is a genuine attempt at humor or you actually mean it...

Really ? and what is my track record then ????

Please enlighten the masses will ya ?

I am notifying the moderator to delete your personal insults.

BB

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BelgianBoy said:

See what I mean..?

Do you really want me to remind "the masses" that you are the one reporting me on Suggestions/Moderation Issues (in the thread "Stickman this week regarding violence") for replying in kind to Prosal and asking khunsanuk to ban me because I was writing insults while you yourself, on the very same thread in which you were grassing me up (and in which, BTW, I have never even posted), were calling me a "cunt"! :)

Unbeatable.

khunsanuk said:

This is not the first time that threads get progressively violent once you start posting in them

True, it's because somebody can't stand to be told the crude and bare truth and get violently frustrated when facing their inability to effectively back their (Thai) fairy tales up :)

Anyway, I promise not to reply again to BBoy on this thread, OK?

If I can, just a couple more in-topic posts and I will take another long holiday from the board (just out of sheer lack of time, I enjoy posting here)...

FIGJAM said:
BelgianBoy said:

See what I mean..?

Do you really want me to remind "the masses" that you are the one reporting me on Suggestions/Moderation Issues (in the thread "Stickman this week regarding violence") for replying in kind to Prosal and asking khunsanuk to ban me because I was writing insults while you yourself, on the very same thread in which you were grassing me up (and in which, BTW, I have never even posted), were calling me a "cunt"! :)

Unbeatable.

And for good reasons I did that at the time...... thanks for the reminder to all :p

Now all can see I called you what I did for some very good reason, na ?

I'll gently retreat now after having made my point that any farang can buy whatever he wants in LOS, something plain and simple, but you had to twist it with your agenda.....

BB

Dog,

Yep, we are lucky mate. :) But as for the artist. Rent dammit! It's cheaper and easier and less headaches and well, look what recently happened with Thalenoi down i Chumpon. Imagine if he owned rather than rented his place there. By renting he can just move and avoid a potentially dangerous situation. Or for the single artist you proposed. What if he bought and is now sick of the area? And the market is flat and where he is really isn't a place most farangs would buy even if they could. Now he's stuck with the place, at least for a while until he can unload it. Renting is just easier I feel for farangs. I doubt if it wasn't for my wife if I'd ever build a house in a rice farming village. If I was single I'd want that house on the beach, near some farang oriented places as well. ::

Cent

<<residents (including retirees and even students), they can buy any new property without any restriction and established property provided it is their residence.>>

"Provided it is their residence" Fark me. Sounds like a restriction to me, not exactly, come on over to Aus and buy is it now?

<<Permanent residents don't have any limitation. >>

This arguement is NOT about permanent residents, I don?t see anyone else here putting the perm resident case forward, the only case has been ?Farang buying a house? NO restrictions mentioned.

<<That law is meant to prevent a certain type of property speculation going on in OZ and it still puts no restrictions on foreigners on commercial property under AU$50M. >>

Gee ? maybe Thailand wants to do the same? So ? I guess Australia and Thailand are VERY similar in NOT allowing just anyone to buy hose etc???

<<RE the land (the subject of this thread), your reply is total BS since you don't need even temporary resident status to buy land, any tourist can show up and buy vacant land as long as building commences within 12 months of purchase. >>

Err didn?t you say up above << provided it is their residence>> - So the tourist is going to build his residence within 12 months? Hmmm ? sounds like a restriction.

<<Can ALSO buy an established property if an additional amount of no less than 50% of the original property cost is spent on improvements or additional construction. >>

Excellent ? SOUNDS LIKE A RESTRICTION ? so someone is going to buy, a $285 000 home (Av Aussie price I think at moment) and then spend another $140 + just to own it? That?s ONE BIG RESTRICTION

<<How you dare to compare OZ to Thailand is beyond me, even without taking into account how easy it is in OZ, relatively to Thailand, getting permanent residency (which grants you the exact same rights as the Australians RE ownership of assets).

Not to talk about citizenship... >>

No one here except you talking about perm residency, you bring it up, not me.

Quoting me you wrote:

Australia is pretty much the same as Thailand,

Gee ? everything YOU wrote above, which I just cut and pasted is pretty much pointing to the point I made, which was if Gummi, Gadfly, or some other non aussie waltz?s over to Brisvegas, it?s NOT going to be easy to buy a place UNLESS it?s fresh of the plan NEW - WOW wait up and hold that whore, a restriction by the way NOT even the Thais make! They say YOU CAN buy a established home unit, ANYONE can buy a established home unit, NOT the case in Australia!

<<Cut the bullshit, Nervous_Dog. >>

Nah ? you?ve done a dam god job of writing such good bullshit I?ve just quoted what you wrote back to you, twas? easy ;)

So - again, we all think that western countries are so much more enlightened than Thailand, have a look at Australia, and don;t believe me, believe Fiigjam for all his good research,

If a tourist walks of a plane in Brisvegas, there's not a lot he can buy, and in fact some restrictions (buying established apartments) are STRICTER than Thailand!

Thank you Figjam for your contributions to my original arguement.

DOG

When the ALL CAPS feature is used to make points, and those points are nothing more than regurgitated banalities, I believe the debate is over. Better luck next time. Goodnight. ::

Archived