Sondhi rally to oust Thaksin

itsmedave

Old Hippie said:

I know Taksin has quite a fan base in Surin, other parts of Issaarn...I wonder if this is a case of the "haves" hating him because he wants to give to the "have nots?" Similar to Kennedy and Clinton being hated by the right because of their domestic policies...

Yeah, He wants to give the "have nots" everyones elses $$, but not his own. All Kennedy (all Dems) has to say these days is "Bush is wrong," the problem is they have no solutions of their own, ie...Kerry!

NRA bumper sticker: Kennedy's car has killed more people than my gun!

Hi,

"Yeah, He wants to give the "have nots" everyones elses $$, but not his own."

Not my impression. I think it is more that he wants the "have nots" to *believe* he will help them, but in reality he doesn't give a fuck about them (just like all the other rich politicians before him).

Sanuk!

Every village was supposed to get one million baht, no strings attached. But instead of using it to pay off their debts, plenty of farmers used it as a down payment to buy more land. Comes the crash, they will lose all of their land!

p.s. Sort of juvenile things went on, according to The Nation. At one booth you could throw darts at pictures of Thaksin. In another area you could "clean your shoes" by walking on Thaksin's photo. Sounds like something a 12 year old would come up with ...

<<plenty of farmers used it as a down payment to buy more land>>

not even as smart as that, pay of gambling debts, down on a car, nothing that would actually GENERATE $.

Flash - my friend who is ex peace core who you know proposedd that 20 000 baht of the 1 million was used to provide education on HOW to spend it, and for the village head, how to ACCOUNT for it.

Turned down cold!

DOG

Archived