Not much flaming anymore on NP

MaiLuk

I've noticed on a number of boards a lot less flaming, maybe people are getting used to the internet.

As a kid we used to call family on a farm that used a shared line, you got used to a) YELLING coz of the bad connection, and B) being very brief - it cost a LOT then to make a call

now, years later, my Aunt still isn't used to chatting on the phone, even though she wants too, because she can;t get used it costs so little to call

DOG

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

One thing I have learned in the almost 10 years of running a message board is that you can never please everybody.

Before when there was a lot of flaming there were a lot of people blaming the Mods and I for allowing these flames and we should be more strict.

Now, when the amount of flames is down a lot, people are complaining that the Mods and I are too strict.

And not really surprisingly, many of the complainers are the same.

So, to all those complainers, feel free to start up your own board and see how it is to run it without getting shat upon from all sides.

Sanuk!

I'll second that.....

But that bastard Tiger flamed me......called me a bastard he did...lol... :o :o :o

Prick or c**t would have been fine....but bastard...that's over the top....

I was really offended....ban the bastard I say....55555 (especially from ordering a second "botten")

:beer:

It's because it's low season. There are less n00bs popping up and asking to be flamed. The attitude then degnerates toward the overall feel of the board, makes some people a bit more fiesty, makes taking potshots a little easier.

Archived