Not much flaming anymore on NP

MaiLuk

I will step foreward and say that I used to take offernse to the free use of the word whore, in referring to bar girls...I somehow thought there was a difference between being a prostitute, and a whore...I then pulled my head out of my ass, after getting fucked over emotionally by a bar girl, and now realize a whore, by any other name is still a whore...

As for banning...I disagreed maybe with or 2, the rest...well, some guys I thought should have been banned who weren't...also keep in mind, that some guys really pissed people off, and wore out their welcome here, and thus left...

As for BB having an in with the mods...I doubt it. I too am a former mod, and I have been warned a few times, when I stepped over the line, NO ONE is above the rules!

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lazyphil

We all know whore is a prefered word, but we also know it can be used to aggrovate, i remember a certain poster got a good bashing in the mod forum for refering to the chinese as chinks.....is a chink is a chink is a chink!!!!!!!

.if we allow one derogatory term, why not another or all?

You raise a good point. While Whore is a word for an act, or a person committing that act, it can be seen as crude, or vulgar, maybe unfit for polite company...hence it can bve derogatory or offensive...where should we draw the line, should we draw the line?

DaScarfMan said:

awe what a crock... most of the interesting people got tired of folks like BB prancing around accussing people of being trolls, or the like... counting on their board alliances with mods to make sure they are on the winning side...

i kid you not... case in point... i made a post about being in kandahar during an "allied" action against the taliban. BB comes on with some smart ass comment about the collateral damage... blah blah blah... and how idiotic my post was... ya i was pissed off at mr. daisy picker... but immediately i see his thousands of posts, that "s" thing next to his handle and i vaguely remember this guy was/is associated with the mods... so immediately went into caution mode, cause i was unjustly banned at least once from this esteemed house, fer disagreeing passionately with a mod's friend.

What a bloody lie this is !

You boosted about collateral damage, I replied it was on local TV, and your narrowmindiness made sure it escalated from there :p

As for accusing you of anything, no I did not, show me a post where I did.

OTOH, you and that BSTosser are quite funny trying to dare me each and every post LOL

AS for my good relation with mods, LOL, you are absolutely right about this !

BB

gummigut said:

As for banning, people mention that a lot. KS repeatedly asks for an example where the person hasn't really asked for it. Any example brought forth is either clear cut, or at the very very least understandable.

Funny you should bring that up....... remember when both JJ and myself where banned last year when KS was away on holiday ? Just for losing an argument with the tempadmin...... without asking for it really.

Hence my fist post in this thread.

But I can also remember MM being set up and banned, and I can also remember Fly daring KS to ban him, which was duly done, without boardrules being broken.

But a refined form of trolling, calling people names and multiple boardnames seem all accepted today.

Part of maturity I guess :dunno:

BB

Belgian Boy-

Could you clarify this?

"But I can also remember MM being set up and banned..."

The set up part if you are referring to Mighty Mouse.

As I recall Mighty Mouse just came off as not having a shred of credibility but never mentioned anything illegal.

The term "set up" sounds like something legal where somebody is manipulated into saying something that will incriminate them or doing something illegal.

Drug buyers are often set up here and there are now serious efforts to set up known pedophiles or just keep the really sick ones who openly admit it out of the country.

All I remember Mighty Mouse for is drop kicking a katoey on Sukh. but can't recall a set up.

Frêre Belgique ,

** and I can also remember Fly daring KS to ban him, which was duly done, without boardrules being broken. **

You should nolt exclude the possibilility that somebody can become a pain in the ass without breaking boardrules . Not pointing on anybody particular lol .

Bubi

As I recall Mighty Mouse just came off as not having a shred of credibility but never mentioned anything illegal.

I don't know if he was set up but I do miss his posts as I thought they were fun. Furthermore I don't think that he had less credibillity than many other board members.

Archived