Why would you sponsor

Nervous_Dog

OK, my one and only attempt at sponsorship was sending $250 years ago, she quickly pointed out that wasn;t going to stop her working, I realised it too.

So - I am firmly in the camp that IF you want to sponsor them, you take them away from the scene, keep them so busy they can;t go back, and give them a new trade. AND you have to be there for them.

But that's me, I see people sending $, and not living here, not planning on living here, and some must be blind not to realise they are still working.

WHY?????

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because:

- maybe some are blind

- Some want to "book" their place in the line when they go back there.

- Some see a sponsorship as a charity fair

- Some sponsor them just as a transition measure before bringing them back to their country

etc.....

Wise words Mr. Dog.

Tend to agree wholeheartedly.

I don't and have never sponsored.

I guess I tend to be somewhat over generous WHEN I'm in town AND happy with my current companion.

I buy presents....all the usual stuff ....plus a bit more....

BUT I refuse to send money to any girl....Just the thought of you Ex-pat's getting freebies 'cos the girl is "cashed up" and horny, is enough to bring even ME to my senses...LOL...

I've seen the way you "animals" work.....rabid dogs, horny tigers....enough.....I ain't paying for the upkeep of the Zoo.....No Sir !!!!

:o :o :o

Guest lazyphil

There is no logic to sending $$$ to a girl longterm with no plans of moving to LOS or moving her away. That said there is no logic living in BKK longterm if your moving from somewhere like surfers paradise, Australia, LOS does weird things to people!!!

I guess for starters we need to define what constitutes "Sponsorship". When Burma Girl got picked up the other week I sent her money to help her get back on her feet. I am not living there, I have no immediate plan on her coming here, I have not organised her life for her and I am not there to keep an eye on her. Should I wear the "sponsorship" hat? It wasn't the first time I had sent her money either.

bust,

My take on sponsorship is that it is a regular and continuing form of support.

Just because you are Jai Dee and have helped a less fortunate individual through some tough times, doesn't drop you into the Sponsor catergory IMHO

Cheers

Bust1 - only YOU should make that determination. I have a limited take on your situation, don't know you, the burmese girl, I read your recent thread, but won't give such a specific question an uninformed, general, judgemental, answer that could be full of...well...KHRAP.

Since you bring it up do you feel that you are a 'sponsor'. You do raise a good issue the OP overlooked. What is the definition of a 'Sponsor'.

On the general issue I feel that if you send money only to help someone you care about that stands on it's own. Why it is you care could be a myriad of reasons. It's behind the intent where I feel a 'sponsorship' is revealed. Are you sending money just to help someone or perhaps is their some alterior motive. The OP hit that one right on the head 'Why would you sponsor'

I would not. I prefer a short term lease, with no credit check, no interest, no option to buy, and an instant release clause to protect BOTH parties. The fine print reads: Late payment penalty could, and will apply.

The banana continues to dance :yay: :yay: :yay:

Archived