WORLD CUP TALK.

sayjann

The referee was crap. He should have awarded Japan a penalty after Cahill mowed down a japanese player in the penalty area. It evened thing out, I guess. Australia showed great fighting spirit and deserved to win. I am glad they clinched that victory!!!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i have to echo BB's sentiments.

i know it is a WORLD CUP and that everyone should be a chance to participate but i despair when some of the Ref's control the Game.

but Officials from Egypt,Mali and Singapore(?) are not from what i call superpowers of Football.

People so inexperienced in Games like this should not be allowed to take charge.

the Japs had one of the most stonewall Penalties i have seen so far waved away and it could have made a vast difference to the result.

i think the Japanese will feel hard done by.

they seemed to crumble after that and conceded 2 more Goals very quickly.

but i felt there was nothing wrong with the Japanese Goal.

the Jap was pushed in the run-in and his momentum took him into Schwarzer.

he always had his eyes on the ball and didn't look like he went looking to foul the Goalie.

about time a Goalie lost a bit of the over protectiveness they are shown.

BelgianBoy said:

Next the slaughter of our American friends...... :p

yes they have been slaughtered badly. the Czechs were playing with a 80% performance which was enough to destroy the US Boys!

Sadly Jan Koller got injured, I hope it is not too bad, he is a great player (literally) :)

as i said earlier the rankings are a joke.

that's 7 Games against European Opposition in WC Finals and still no win.

perhaps they might to do what the Aussies have done and change their Confederation.

the Aussies will be playing in the Asian section in future and will be facing stronger Opposition in Qualifying.

maybe the Yanks might ask to go into the Europe Section and pit themselves against top Teams.

let's see if they were to keep their Ranking so high.......

sayjann said: ........Owen is not match fit and looks like it. Rooney will be a risk,he will targeted by Defenders as soon as he plays and if they crunch his bad foot?...........

Rooneys not just a risk he's also probably less match fit than Owen.

Damn shame if someone does crunch his foot coz then Man U will be without him for the beginning of the new season, unless of course he makes another remarkable recovery!

Looking forward to see Italy vs Ghana. My original prediction was 0:22. I hope I win ;)

keeping my fingers crossed for

GHANA ghana GHANA GHANA ghana GHANA GHANA ghana GHANA GHANA ghana GHANA GHANA ghana GHANA GHANA ghana GHANA GHANA ghana GHANA GHANA ghana GHANA GHANA ghana GHANA GHANA ghana GHANA GHANA ghana GHANA GHANA ghana GHANA GHANA ghana GHANA GHANA ghana GHANA GHANA ghana GHANA GHANA ghana GHANA GHANA ghana GHANA GHANA ghana GHANA GHANA ghana GHANA

0:22 remember my words ;)

Archived