You eat dinner with a spoon?

MaiLuk

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definitely...in Thailand it's a table spoon and fork. Chopsticks only for certain soup dishes, along with a spoon for the liquid portion.

What I find really _strange_ is seeing Brits using a fork and pushing the food (farang or Thai) onto it with a knife. I always thought a knife was an implement for cutting up your food... not pushing things around! :cover:

Really? What do you use to push food onto a fork/spoon, your fingers? Ewww. Who taught you manners? :dunno:

When eating farang style, I use a knife to assist getting food on the fork. When eating Thai style, I use the fork to help fill the spoon.

Mekong, I certainly use right hand fingers to eat when it is called for as local custom (e.g., at a banana-leaf curry place in Malaysia)

Cheers,

SD

SD, do you use your hands only in India to accommodate local customs and please your customers??

tried it and the fingers get so dirty of all the gravy so that i nowadays always use fork and knife, whether all other Indians at the table use hands only or not....

Archived