Learning Thai in about 35 days

buffalo_bill

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest HonoluluJimmy

I have the Berlitz program on my MP3 player but find the phrases too detailed and not enought focus on words. Sice the Thai grammar is "run amuck" sort of I find that my learning lots of words and using pidgen thai works fine. Shite, how many of us are in an enviro that is other that "get money from the farang". I do learn alot whilst on my month in Los month out of Los.

I have printed out the www.learning.com info. One thing that is very helpful for us punters is how to pronounce words when heard or even seen written in English. the above is also online in an audio format wich is helpful for those not aflicted with the need to be in country!

Guest HonoluluJimmy

For all the old farts..over 50, who liked the rock music world it will be hard..I'm just glad to be hard so who care is they only listen to my baht!

Well pooling knowledge is a good thing...i can understand Thai sometimes well, sometimes not at all....i struggle with the intonation....but then doesn't everyone? Maybe some of the experts here could start a daily post? A phrase a day?? Or even 'phrase of the day'...? After several weeks/months that would be a lot!! I'd be happy to chip i what i can...

Archived