PREMIER LEAGUE COMPETITION

sayjann

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, these bonus points are shit, I wish there were none.

Keane played a fantastic match against Sheffield United midweek, no assists or goals but ecpecially the first half he was the man. Second half was pretty average from both side but commentators agreed he had played well. No bonus there either.

Bibbs,

I usually rely on my midfield and strikers and see everything my defence earns as a welcome bonus. Well, this week all got a clean sheet and I'm still second thanks to them :grinyes:

Now if Yakubu does the business tonight I may even take over 1st spot :up:

Would be well-deserved btw.

sad to see Teddy down at the bottom......... :rotfl:

that spot was reserved for Limbo this Season..... :grinyes:

Its a marathon not a sprint, you always get a few teams that top the table early on who don't really have a hope in hell of staying there over the duration. Look at the PL table, ManU and Villa at the top :shocked: but will they be there at the end of the season :dunno: Not a feckin cat in hells chance :neener::neener::neener:

Zaad, I usually put the money in strikers and midfield too but this time, having seen that the average defender scored more last season, I decided to spend a bit more on defence. It's not working out so far - maybe because Liverpool, ManU and Chelsea are being more expansive and because Cech and Gallas were out for the first few Chelsea games.

At first I thought Portsmouth might be an underrated defensive bet, having brought in David James and Sol Campbell, but then I decided not to risk too much on it as defences usually take a while to gel, being more about systems than big-name personnel. I did choose Taylor - he's playing in midfield a bit but he didn't take the first penalty Pompey had. Kanu did that and missed so maybe (hopefully) those duties will go back to Taylor now.

Bibbs,

He scored you a few points allright.

Portsmouth look decent at the back, 3 clean sheets in a row, impressive.

Boro are absolute SHITE geezz... I BLAME KMAN!!!

I honestly believe Kman put something in Yakubu's glass of milk before the match.

Unless you have a waterproof alibi KMAN I blame YOU and will ask Sayjann (he set this league up, correct?) to remove you from this league. :onfire:

Zaad (the real number one)

:smirk:

think yourselves lucky that Johnsen got injured on Sunday and missed the Boro Game.

would have been more points for me........ :cussing:

Pompey are looking good but have had fairly winnable Games so far.

but the win against Boro was a surprise though.

but i will try to get them out when the big boys come along.

Kanu and Zamora top the Goalscorers charts but i wouldn't bet on that continuing.

i have Zamora but he was a late choice because my 1st choice is out at the moment.

i still expect Bellamy to hit a streak at Liverpool

IKTS compie.

only 3 of us playingbut is it worth Zaad and Limbo taking part?.

i extend my lead and am now in the top 500 in the world.. :chili:

Archived