06/07 SEASON FOOTBALL THREAD

sayjann

Sayjann,

IMHO you're over reacting in your attitude vs CS.

I think he replied various times to what you call unfounded allegations, and this is what he writes again, something yu can't read since you have him on ignore (really can't believe you did that!);

CS QOUTE

"As for the allegations that I have made up stories, I addressed that in an earlier post and its for the newer members to the forum. I am 100% postivie that older members of this forum are well aware of my character and would not even for one moment think i would intentionally make up lies. I stated that I can be accused of a bad memory and my powers of recollection may fail me, but NEVER intentionally made up stories and I unequivocally stand by that.

My dislike of a club would NEVER make me break character and report lies as fact. "

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I told myself that I would not post on here because of the climate between me and the thread starter Sayjann until I have some info to back up that i don't intentionally post lies. There were two things Sayjann has accused me of intentionally making up. 1) Ferguson told Allardyce how to beat us before our 2003 match at Bolton and 2) Ferguson rang Wigan bosss Jewell before our semi final 2nd leg to tell him how to beat us.

I have been googling various names and words in hopes of finding something. Although its not the times and from a gunnerblog (which I have not read before finding the link on google). A poster does mention it. It dates back to January of this season. Now Sayjann may say its me as the anonymous poster, but I have no way to prove I am not. The link is http://gunnerblog.com/?p=254 and I have copied and pasted comment number 4 which addresses it :

4. Anonymous | January 28th, 2006 at 12:29 pm

Most interesting thing of the week? Alex Ferguson apparently rang Paul Jewell on Sunday to tell him how to beat Arsenal. The paranoid jerk is so obsessed with hatred for the club and fear that Arsenal would have gubbed them in the final, that he is willing to stoop to helping out opposition teams against us.

The google description:

Gunnerblog » Out of one cup - Preparing to make it two�Alex Ferguson apparently rang Paul Jewell on Sunday to tell him how to beat Arsenal. The paranoid jerk is so obsessed with hatred for the club and fear that ...

gunnerblog.com/?p=254 - 20k - Cached - Similar pages

Now, many gooners read the similar stories. It could even be successfully argued that some gooner planted the story, I read it and took it as fact. If Sayjann had said that I'd have agreed that it could be possible. I am fairly certain (dodgy memory) that I read in a reputable media source and not some blog. But to call someone that he's known on cyberspace for a few years a liar, is something you shouldn't do lightly and I forgive him only because 1) I know he should know better and 2) its about football and I am as passionate about Arsenal as he is about Man Yoo. But the difference is my passion doesn't extend to accusing people, long time known to me as having a character not consistent with lying.

This should at least cast some serious doubt that I got the story 'out of my ass' as we say in my old neighborhood and that there is some basis that I heard the allegation PRIOR to commenting on here.

I'll keep googling for the allarydyce quote.

Post for Sayjann,

Just to make sure you can read this, unless you put me on ignore.

Please lighten up man, you're taking this too far.

(this is the last time I'll copy CS for Sayjann to read)

I told myself that I would not post on here because of the climate between me and the thread starter Sayjann until I have some info to back up that i don't intentionally post lies. There were two things Sayjann has accused me of intentionally making up. 1) Ferguson told Allardyce how to beat us before our 2003 match at Bolton and 2) Ferguson rang Wigan bosss Jewell before our semi final 2nd leg to tell him how to beat us.

I have been googling various names and words in hopes of finding something. Although its not the times and from a gunnerblog (which I have not read before finding the link on google). A poster does mention it. It dates back to January of this season. Now Sayjann may say its me as the anonymous poster, but I have no way to prove I am not. The link is http://gunnerblog.com/?p=254 and I have copied and pasted comment number 4 which addresses it :

4. Anonymous | January 28th, 2006 at 12:29 pm

Most interesting thing of the week? Alex Ferguson apparently rang Paul Jewell on Sunday to tell him how to beat Arsenal. The paranoid jerk is so obsessed with hatred for the club and fear that Arsenal would have gubbed them in the final, that he is willing to stoop to helping out opposition teams against us.

The google description:

Gunnerblog » Out of one cup - Preparing to make it two�Alex Ferguson apparently rang Paul Jewell on Sunday to tell him how to beat Arsenal. The paranoid jerk is so obsessed with hatred for the club and fear that ...

gunnerblog.com/?p=254 - 20k - Cached - Similar pages

Now, many gooners read the similar stories. It could even be successfully argued that some gooner planted the story, I read it and took it as fact. If Sayjann had said that I'd have agreed that it could be possible. I am fairly certain (dodgy memory) that I read in a reputable media source and not some blog. But to call someone that he's known on cyberspace for a few years a liar, is something you shouldn't do lightly and I forgive him only because 1) I know he should know better and 2) its about football and I am as passionate about Arsenal as he is about Man Yoo. But the difference is my passion doesn't extend to accusing people, long time known to me as having a character not consistent with lying.

This should at least cast some serious doubt that I got the story 'out of my ass' as we say in my old neighborhood and that there is some basis that I heard the allegation PRIOR to commenting on here.

I'll keep googling for the allarydyce quote.

thanks limbo, but the post wasn't meant for Sayjann, just to the newer ones. I have not one iota of doubt that long time posters believe I intentionally make up stories and post.

No need to tell him to do anything, although I appreciate it. I don't want anyone to take sides, I just felt that when I had something that I could post to clear my good..er..okay...maybe not too good..haha...name I would do so. Its not an overwhelmingly convincing link but it puts in serious doubt the allegation against me.

Not sure if I should ask but..do any of you guys know Trabelsi from Ajax? He left the club and joined Man City on a free transfer. You may have seen him in the WC representing the Tunisian colors.

He's an attacking right back, great stamina, fast, decent pass, good tackle and very hard-working.

He's IMO the best transfer in England (since no transfer was paid) and really surprised other clubs weren't knocking on his door.

Man U for example could use a player like him for the ageing Neville... This Trabelsi guy will go to a bigger (English) club within a season or two, mark my words!

Archived