06/07 SEASON FOOTBALL THREAD

sayjann

looks like Chelsea will be spending Money again very soon........

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=408311&CPID=8&clid=8&lid=3&title=Crespo+signs+for+Inter

looks like Cole is on his way..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/5251684.stm

and Campbell maybe slumming it.......

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/p/portsmouth/5252380.stm

good to see that MU are not the only 'top' Team having problems.

the Arse have problems with Cole and Ryes while Chelsea have problems with Gallas and finally get rid of Crespo........

looks like the cunt Kenyon is acting like a prat in his prediction about Chelsea's finances.

he claimed that Chelsea would break even in the next 2 Years.

but Crespo has gone on a free and other Chelsea Players have been sold or gone out on loan at a fraction of their original cost.

it seems that Chelsea are the masters of making Money.........

why the fuck haven't MU got rid of that Portugese twat yet?.........and i don't mean Carlos.

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ronaldo is a talented player. It seems Fergie has the same faith in him as Wenger does with Reyes. Fergie is loathe to let him go, but if he's not happy, you can't force him. Ribery would be a good replacement if they can get him.

Ash Cole is clearly unsettled but no one is sure if Reyes actually is. Mixed reports. There are quotes by him by Marca but they are a RM stooge paper. Reyes keeps publicly saying he's happy so you have to give that more credibility than the spanish version of the Sun.

As far as Kenyon's pronouncements about making Chelsea financially viable, everyone but Roman knew it was not gonna happen. The numbers simply don't support them ever being able to survive without cash infusions by Roman. Two titles on the trot and they aren't even the biggest supported club in London let alone England. There are a hard core set of Chelsea fans out there but they are the ones that were pre Roman, the rest were hangers on from us and Man Yoo who are glory hunters. The wage bill at Chelsea is too big. Roman may be around longer than Jose. If Jose leaves and I suspect he will in a couple years, his replacement may not be as lucky. Roman went about it the wrong way. He should have built them up from the ground up and not have been so desperate for immediate silverware. Start out with a quality youth program, buy good young players like Wenger did, and build from there and he wouldn't have to put 100 million a season into the club. The present scheme requires massive cash infusion. Another thing is their reputation. Roman is new to the football fraternity and he has to play nice. Chelsea and the EPl aren't some wayward Russian province that you use Machiavelian tactics to subdue. Just an open letter word of advice to Roman.

sothe Arse bottle it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/sport/sport.html?in_article_id=399478&in_page_id=1771

with so many Players missing they decide to bow down to Chelsea and leave Cole out and weaken their Team even further.

Winger has shown he is scared of Moaner by this decision.

it seems the Arse are more interested in the Money instead of success in Europe.

1 Player does not make a Team but you would think that Teams would want to play there best Players at this stage of the CL.

obviously the Arse are very confident of going through but i would be laughing my socks off if they go out.........

I got a nice life after the group stages as well last season seeing Benfica and the mighty Villareal ease into the knock out phase, so fair is fair I guess. A deal must be imminent. Wenger is one of the few that openly challenges Chelsea. Remember it was Arsenal who made them face up to the tapping up of Cole and wouldn't be quiet about it. Also, I wonder who was the manager who publicly said Chelsea's financial strenght is akin to doping? Hmmm, sounds like a manager and club that is scared of them. :smirk:

The fact is Cole wants to go. Chelsea have made an offer. Its more a sign of smart business management than fear(I know someone is taking the piss so I'm playing along).

Fergie seems more scared of Jose than Wenger. I notice he doesn't try his 'kidology' mind games on Jose. He knows he'll get a thrashing if he tries. Any comment by Fergie that even looks remotely aimed at Jose is quickly denied as a knock on Chelsea. The term they would use where I come from is 'Chelsea's beeyotches', the UK equivalent is 'Chelsea's poodle' I would guess...haha.

However, I am worried about the Zagreb match. We're playing very early and they have league matches under their belts and we are woefully short on fitness, star players out as well. But we wouldn't be Arsenal if we didn't do it the hard way. :cool:

can anyone tell me why CS still replies to any of my posts?.

i have him on my ignore list and it's great....... :grinyes:

not only do i not see any of his posts but his posts don't even register on my screen......well done KS.

but i know he does reply.......... :doah:

if only he would give me the answer to a question i have asked him for over a Year........but he won't and can't.

easy to make allegations in Cyberspace but not so easy to back things up.

but back to football.

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=408405&CPID=21&clid=127&lid=3&title=Crespo+happy+to+be+back

i'm not surprised anyone wants out of Chelsea......... :D

Well, to answer Sayjann's question or comment, I respond not to him as he has stated he has me on ignore, but to the rest of the forum who may not know the 'other side of the story'. If there is something said about Arsenal that could be misconstrued as fact instead of a wind up I'll address it, no matter who posts it. I make this for the new members to the footie forum who may not be aware of the banter and take windups for facts. If any of us hear allegations or stories about our clubs we all would like to clarify any thing that we deem as misleading or if the full story is not presented. Frankly, I could care less who has me on ignore individually. I love discussing football and Arsenal. I actually like Sayjann personally. I form an affinity for anyone on this forum I've known in cyberspace for a while, with a few exceptions. He seems a nice guy but just think he's got me all wrong. I also feel he his passion for his club has clouded his reasoning to a certain extent which has resulted in accusations against myself. Politics, religion and football can be too emotional at times.

As for the allegations that I have made up stories, I addressed that in an earlier post and its for the newer members to the forum. I am 100% postivie that older members of this forum are well aware of my character and would not even for one moment think i would intentionally make up lies. I stated that I can be accused of a bad memory and my powers of recollection may fail me, but NEVER intentionally made up stories and I unequivocally stand by that.

My dislike of a club would NEVER make me break character and report lies as fact.

Archived