06/07 SEASON FOOTBALL THREAD

sayjann

Whatever the issue between you guys is, frankly I couldn't give fuck all since I love both your asses :grouphug:

Whatever you guys do when I'm not around is totally your business. :beer:

So what is this with RIbery? Is he really headed for Arsenal.

That would be a SUPER buy :up:

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Zaad, I have nothing personal against him. I really don't. I'm surprised frankly given the time I've spent on here how someone can accuse me of making up stories intentionally and state it on this forum as fact. And if you will, a little disappointed as well but it is what it is. It must be uncomfortable for long time posters such as yourself who have come to know us on the forum, but if someone calls me a liar, I have to address it and I'm sure if someone did the same to you, you'd feel more than compelled as well. I'll drop it, as it detracts from the atmosphere of the thread which is and should be about football and not about someone who believes something incorrect about another forum member.

On to football, at the time of this writing its 0-0 at Zagreb for us. I want an away goal. I wouldn't want to come into the home leg with the possibility of a 1-1 draw and lose on away goals. Unfortunately the match isn't on television here. We get a replay of it next week though.

Wenger has said he's not in for him but the papers still link him to us. Wenger has said he wants a CM and a CB which would seem logical.

How much money are the new owners gonna pump into Villa? It makes a for a better league if clubs like Villa and Pompey have some financial backing. I want us to stay in the top 4 or top 2 but I know it would make for a better league if it wasn't always the same 4.

...one last thing on the 'Sayjann' thing (I won't promise but I'll try). This is a footie forum, the starter of the thread has me on ignore, which doesn't bother me at all (and actually may be a good thing...hehehe), but if this is an open forum, should I 'ignore the ignore' and post or not? I respond to a lot of posts on here, no matter who it is if its something that either interests me or I have an opinion about. I click reply to the last post made usually unless its to someone specific. So, am I expected not to be part of the thread? Or only respond to 'non ignore' forumites which is everyone else now that I think about it..haha...its just a weird thing, because it doesn't make sense to start another thread, but I don't want to appear like I'm begging someone to respond, which I am not. Either a thread is open to all forumites or its not. I comply and not post a general footie comment if Sayjann posts? He is the caretaker of the thread that carried over from frog patrol or is it 'his' thread? Its a weird situation. I love talking football but the environment seems strained at the moment.

Steve,

It's not Sayjann's thread and you should feel free to post whenever and wherever you want.

It's his (unfortunate) choice that he puts you on his personal ignore list, but that should in no way affect your posting in this football thread.

hey Zaad,seen this?........... :beer:

Martin Oâ??Neillâ??s first official game in charge ended in defeat as Aston Villaâ??s unbeaten pre-season run came to an end in Holland.

Gabriel Agbonlahor scored his fourth goal in five matches, but it was not enough to prevent a 2-1 loss to NEC Nijmegen.

Villa were given their sternest test of the summer against the Eredivisie side, with salt rubbed into the wounds as defender Gary Cahill was forced off inside 10 minutes due to injury.

my Dutch Team beats your English Team....... :chili:

Archived