06/07 SEASON FOOTBALL THREAD

sayjann

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The reason United bought him is to strenghten their defense. He'll do his job in midfield of course and is supposed to give the back four support and cut off as many of the opponent's attacking intentions as possible.

I think his role is going to be that of Makelele at Chelsea.

Man U need him. He reads the game well and is very hard working. Good Stamina.

The fact that he was average to decent in Munich is the clubs fault. Different style, system and so on.. Take Ballack for example........ :rolleyes:

Wenger has been given 40 million queen heads to spend this summer according to the TImesonline Monday sport section and some other credible sources.

Wenger isnt the type to impulse buy and wont spend that money just because he has been given it. What he did say was that he didnt really need anymore players, maybe one or two. He emphasized he wanted 1 or 2 high quality players...

I know Ribery is a longterm target...

I was having a bit of fun with the Arsenal bragging. Personally I think we need a wide right player in midfield who can score goals. The problem with the current set up in midfield is we basically have 4 midfielders who want to play centrally and the set up only calls for two. Rosicky and Hleb both drift inside instinctively and it gives us no width. Its the full backs (Eboue and Clichy) that provide the only width to us. Rosicky will get better and score goals but I'm afraid I want to see Hleb replaced. He rarely scores or tries to. Holds the ball too long. He's got sticky feet and can dribble but no end product and his passing is erratic. Lastly, the one thing stopping Arsenal is a killer instinct. We don't have it against lower sides. We do against our main rivals. Until we get that we won't win the title. Doesn't matter if you give Wenger 40 mil or 400 mil, he'll only spend 4 on some 17 y.o. who is seen as the next Fabregas or Henry. Its just his way. With where we are in the table I've heard he will spend big on one or two established stars. Remains to be seen.

I have to say though that Man Yoo did play entertaining football and they were able to do both and win games to win the title. Hargreaves is on his way apprantly but I am a bit doubtful of him. He's a good player, but not sure he's worth the reported 17 mil or more. Fergie seems to be basing it on his herculean effort v. Portugal. Problem is I didn't see the same thing in the numerous other matches for England. He seems like a good player with a lot of bottle. There are similar players you can get for less money methinks...but I could be wrong.

Liverpool seems on the cusp of great things but Rafa seems to be a cup manager. Able to pull off one offs in cup competitions but not able run the marathon and the grind that the PL league is.

Even though Chelsea didn't win it, you still have to consider them favorites next season given the resources they have. A defender or two for sure and possibly a striker is all they need.

Chelsea have no resourses according to Moaner.

he moaned all the time about having no-one to replace injured Players.

he will want 100 Million to try and win the PL again...........

and yes Liverpool seem to be Cup Team as they cannot sustain any sort of run in the PL.

once Liverpool were out of the PL race all their efforts were put into the CL.

same as Milan,who were banned at first but let back in because of pressure from the Italian FA.

Milan knew they would have no chance of winning their league so concentrated on the CL.

but i feel that if they win the CL then the win will be tainted because of political pressure.

they should not have been in the Compie to start with...........

Archived