Thai Air Amex platinum

buffalo_bill

Gentlemen ,

www.thaiairways.com are offering an Amex card which they call platinum , basically you have to make 900.000 Baht a year ( 1800 barfines ) and then enjoy what I would call a load of benefits worth a further thought . have a look yourself , it is on their opening page on the left . I am trying to find the clause where they restrict this to Thailand based expats but don't find one .

What or where is the Pacific City Club , GoGo , BJ-bar or what is it ?

BuBi

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"The illustration also assumes an affluent spending pattern"

Hehehe I love Amex terminology! :) I too wonder if I can rack up points in the west and spend them in the east.. The weekly shopping would just about buy me a flight to hong kong (from bangers I imagine) on its own... I wonder if the my landlord takes amex? :)

Shrollski

Planning a Bangkok based affluent spending pattern around December time

Thai Air AmEx Platinum is worthless IMHO.

Pacific City Club is in the Penthouse of a place on Suk nearby Nana/Ploenchit (shhh, secret). Not a gogo nor a BJ bar, but a place where expats of means converge to discuss the day's events. You need to be recommended by a member to gain admittance. If you desire to visit, please PM and I shall consult my advisors. :neener:

Regards,

SD

>><<Pacific City Club>> not that nice a club IMHO. Polo Club nicer. <<

Got to agree. Pacific City Club is just one "hard sell" set up. They've been hassling me with unsolicited calls and mail to join the place for the past 5 years or so.

The Polo Club now that's a different story.

buffalo_bill said:

I am trying to find the clause where they restrict this to Thailand based expats but don't find one .

I got an invite in the mail and eventually a follow up call from them. The first question I asked was about requirements re work permit. Yep you need one. Ok thanks, bye.

Amex is a bloody ripp off anyway. I have a gold card for which the annual fee is bloody ridiculous. Eventually will get around to downgrading it to a basic card.

Cheers,

Man Straycat ,

I think this offer is indeed excellent value :

You need just half the miles to get an award ticket for a partner

If you fly 5 round trips in first , the 6th one is free and they don't care where you buy the tickets so they can as well be discounted.

1 mile for 25 baht spent is great value

BuBi

As I already have free access to the Siamese Twins Bar Soi 23 , the Pacific Club can kiss my ass

Some years ago i received some other offer from TG and I contacted AMEX in Sweden, nobody knew anything about the offer and finally the partner manager phoned me. At that time at least International AMEX didn't have any partner agreement with TG, but I faxed the offer I had received and he explained it with that must be a local partner program just valid for those living in Thailand between TG and the local AMEX company.

Archived