New family member expected!

soongmak

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The baby has arrived, as predicted on January 10th. He is a big boy, more than 4.5 Kgs. and 55cm. tall. No wonder a caesarian was needed, just hated it that it took the doctors way to fucking long to reach that decision. My wife had been in labour for 24 hours, and all for nothing. :banghead::cussing::censored:

Jeezus, never knew that birth was such a cruel and barbarian event. :shocked:

All the horror was quickly forgotten when I saw that my son and wife were doing fine. I am still over the moon. It's great to have a kid. Cheers! :drunk::beer:

:beer:

I'll drink on that tonight, Soongmak.

Cheers to the wife and Lekmak :up:

Definitely sucks being 24 hours in labor.. in the West people prefer natural over a C-section but the latter is so much easier (both mentally and physically) .. we chose C-section since it was our gynaecologist's recommendation. But we had a choice, so the easy way it was.

You said about doctors reaching a decision.. did you guys have a choice or was it totally up to the docs?

For me personally it wouldn't take too long to move to plan B. 2-3 hours would suffice.

Congrats to a good start of 2007!

:)

You said about doctors reaching a decision.. did you guys have a choice or was it totally up to the docs?

For me personally it wouldn't take too long to move to plan B. 2-3 hours would suffice.

Well, what I can I say. Healthcare in the Netherlands sucks, Big Time. Health care people here don't like to listen to patients, so you have to raise a big stink before they'll even consider to listen to you. Without determination you don't get anywhere. My misstake was to rely on the people who treated us, to think what about what's best for us. During consultation I told them several times I had doubts about her being able to deliver the baby, as I expected it to be big. Instead of checking out if what I thought was right, they simply stuck to their routine weekly check ups. My misstake was not reading up on it, and decide to go the natural way, because 'they' said it was best for all concerned. Now I have the experience it won't happen to me again. Next time I will insist on checking whether a natural delivery is even possible, but we will probably just get a c-section next time. That is off course if we decide to have another baby. Let's see how we manage with this one first. :beer:

Archived