the well rounded expat

buddha

I am looking to fill some of the time that I am not 'working' more productively.

I excercise [run and lift] almost everyday. I am looking for a muay thai gym. I got some great suggestions in another thread.

I am looking for a language class so that I can speak, and hopefully read and write. Eventually....baby steps would be ok for now.

I am constantly on the prowl with my camera.....

What other activities can I find that will make me better prepared to enjoy the great city I live in?

Fishing? I hear there is a great lake in Bangkok (Bungsamran Lake) that has some awesome fishing potential, and easy to get to, inside Bangkok. If you like fishing maybe try it out? I'll post the url I found recently for this place for those that might want to try this as an added leisure time-filler and adventure. (BTW, you don't need to use this place to pay for fishing if you have your own gear already-I do-but use them to get directions and info, and go it your own if you want to save the money.)

Cent

Here's the link. Check it out: http://www.fishthailand.co.uk/index.php

I got a dog last year, actually wife brought it home, they can be better company than a Thai girl, non judgemental, truthful and there's no slacking off allowed when it comes to hitting the street for the daily excercise. Also the locals see a guy with a dog as a lot less threatening than some falang wandering around the villages alone.

What about some volunteer work?

There must be places such as hospitals, orphanages, lepper colonies, humane (animal) shelters, etc. where one could give some time and provide a valuable service.

Archived