advice needed

BigD

"... * MaiLuk Said:

OK i must have missed somthing. Can someone explain in detail (because i am dense) what is wrong with posting your rt question under an anonymous handle?..."

My theory is way hide behind a fake handle, when you are already hiding behind a fake handle? We are anonymous here, most of us will never meet, and it is likely that most of us don't know and don't really careabout the skeletons in eachothers closets...

As the last guy put it, if you are going to make comment on other guys relationships, and maybe be a bit hard (tough love so to speak)on the guy, then I think you should be honest and post under your real name. This was an issue I had with another guy on this board, he could give it out, but couldn't/wouldn't take it, he used different names when it was his problems he needed help with, or his to discuss his interest in katoeys.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok but i still don't see the problem with posting under an anonymous handle.

The problem you guys identify is that someone is a dick head here in relationships. Then refuses to post his own rts under the same name. So the problem is not the use of the new handle. The problem is that some guy is just a dickhead. And probably a hypocrit.

For the rest of us who are not dickheads, we may want to expose some personal stuff here to get input without that personal stuff being identified forevermore to our usual handle. I can think of examples:

- Guy catches some STD and wants to know how to tell his girlfriend.

- Guy falls for a BG scam that any dumbass would have seen coming from a mile away. For some people who are not so secure they may not want the world to know how dumb they were, but they do want to discuss the matter anyway. Maybe needs advice how to extricate himself from the situation. I suppose we could call him a chicken shit or whatever for not posting under his usual handle. There may even be some validity to the point. If you do something stupid you should be able to laugh at yourself without it harming your self esteem. But lets face it, we are human and not everyone is as easygoing as the next guy. Some guys are good guys but have an uptight personality. It should be his choice whether to tell the world how dumb he was under his usual handle or not. It does no harm to anyone that i can see if he uses an alias.

And calling a guy a chickenshit for using an alias is a flame. And that is why guys don't want to post under their usual handle. Because peiople will find reasons to flame out of any situation, no matter how minor.

Another example: Some guys are known personally by others here. If you are going to expose personal info about your GF/Wife because you need advice, you may want to use a new handle to protect HER privacy.

So the real problem as i see it is that some of these guys using fake handles are major dickheads when using their usual handle. But using a new handle is not a problem per se.

"

We are anonymous here, most of us will never meet, and it is likely that most of us don't know and don't really careabout the skeletons in eachothers closets...

What about those of us who have met?

CT - Have you gone to one of the meetings?

Mailuk - people need a reason to complain.

i have met 6 guys from this board and I still don't give a shit! They know me AND my board character! What's the big deal? I have nothing to hide otherwise I wouldn't do it in the first place! If those guys all of a sudden dont like me anymore because I have a relationship problem... what do I really loose? Nothing then 6 guys i have ocassionally met! If you have a REAL relationship problem then this should be your concern and not what some internet friends think about you! by reavealing your identety you will see who of those you have met are really on your side!

The RT forums purpose is to share YOUR experiences! If I would create an alter ego for all my girl problems i would have 6000 names and wouldn't have such a burned skin from you people, but why would I care what you think about my personality, one guy always has a good advice and it helps! That is what really counts for me and that others can learn from my mistakes and not acting cynical and then hiding behind the wall when the lightenig strikes himself!

Mai Luk

there are some examples like STDs and other delicate stuff where I'd agree that an alter ego would make sense.

Rorians story is just not one of them!

>>but why would I care what you think about my personality, one guy always has a good advice and it helps!<<

Agreed. That is why this rt forum is a good thing.

>>If I would create an alter ego for all my girl problems i would have 6000 names and wouldn't have such a burned skin from you people<<

LMAO! The thing is some guys don't have a thick skin. You me and OH can talk about our rts and not care if someone thinks we are dumber than a box of rocks. Some guys do care. In fact some guys think its not "manly" to talk about this stuff. If a guy does not like to expose his secrets then let him post under a new handle. Its not like he is up to something sneaky. He just doesn't want others to know who he is.

About the dickheads. Some guys will attack the posters who put their stories up here. And then find themselves with the same problem they have been flaming others about. I agree these guys should eat their words and post under their usual handle instead of a new one. But how many guys here are doing this? Is it really a problem or are we just imagining its a problem.

>>Mai Luk

there are some examples like STDs and other delicate stuff where I'd agree that an alter ego would make sense.

Rorians story is just not one of them! <<<

That is true. But Rorian is also not one of the smug guys always attacking others under his real handle. At least we have no reason to think so. So why give him hell for wanting to keep his story private?

In fact some guys think its not "manly" to talk about this stuff.

Yeah :) and thats why he has the RT problems in the first place, because he can't talk about his feelings by pretending to be a man :)

I didn't attack Rorian for the alter Ego thing, I was taking that thread serious and was trying to contribute my point of view. He stopped participating in this thread without telling the end of the story. A cynical comment, far away from beeing an insult, I have even used the same words than him (read it) and Mr Sensible Skin was boiling over that so much that he called me names!

With such an alter Ego thing you can do big bullshit, you use this name in 1 thread and you can throw flames at others, if he gets banned he doesnt care! This thread is a master example for that! He got his opinions and let us die in couriosity, he got a cynical comment and was freaking out, after letting him know that he was out of line with his comment he acted like a child and said "I don't talk to you, PM me when you wanna know the story"

.. and you wonder why he had problems to keep his girl away from other men? Too sensible and overreacting!

Rorian, if you read this, the last line sounds pretty harsh, I know, the last line is also pretty much the truth! Anyways good luck for your real life, whoever you are. I wish nothing bad to anyone here, not even Shyge who made a point in response to me for the first and last time in his life :neener:

I have not read all of the other posts and this is a responce to the first entry. I would say she has something else going on. She maybe playing around with someone else but she is not fully yours. I had a similar situation from a GTG. I had just learnt that 90 percent of the girls play around. At least the ones that are a lot of fun. I told myself it must be the culture. I kept her for a couple of months and then got tired of it. Then again I was doing all of the thigs she was also. I just did not get caught. Hell of a double standard

Except that it happens or move on

You have already lost this girl. She is showing you no respect. The longer that you accept this behavior from her, the more that she will feel contempt for you, and the more that she will connive, and try to take you to the cleaners.

She thinks that you are weak.

Consider how a Thai male treats a Thai woman. They do not tolerate any bullshit. They are the boss, period. No debate, no discussion.

Your GF was supposed to accompany you to some function. The truth is, she blew you off. If someone was in the emergency room, no problem. But the reality appears to be that she has another dude on the side. This is not about your behavior. A Thai male is permitted to go to massage parlors. A Thai male is permitted to have a mia noi. I am not saying that it is right. I am saying that culturally, it is understood that a Thai male will not be monogomous, and it is understood that a Thai female must be monogomous. Yes, there are some rules. You do not rub their faces in it, you conduct yourself in such a way that your dalliances can be denied, allowing everyone to save face, and you do not bring dishonor or embarassment on yourself, your GF, or on the family.

After that, it is understood that a man will fuck around. Women, cannot.

There is no point in debating whether this is acceptable from a Western standpoint. She is not farang. This is not the West.

I would not bother asking to look at her phone. I would just tell her, "it is time for you to move to the house of your new boyfriend." Move her shit out, in boxes, into the hallway. I guarantee you that they will vanish immediately, before the neighbors see them. Take her keys. Tell the condo management that she no longer lives with you. Tell the security guards.

Boot her ass out. Tell her that you do not want to talk, that you do not want to see her, that you do not want to talk to her on the phone. Your last words to her should be, "do not call me, do not come back." Then close the door. Be ready for the tears. Ignore them.

Believe me, she has a support system of friends who will help her out over the next day or two that she will need before she moves in with her next boyfriend.

This girl is no longer your problem. Get her out of your house, and move on. There are millions of lovely girls in Thailand. Go meet some.

Archived