CS The LOS Gatekeeper

Steve

I think I may have posted about this a long time ago, but I'll talk about it again anyway. After numerous trips to LOS and Asia in general, a lot of folks know I've been and some have come to me about advice on visiting. Almost always its guys who have 'heard' about the women and want me to either take them or direct them to the best resource for info.

Usually I have to spend my time dispelling myths, etc.

I get a few guys from time to time who I wouldn't want to visit the kingdom. After so many trips I feel like a 'protector' of Thailand, wrongly or rightly, and there are certain types I wouldn't want there. These include guys who I think would mistreat or disrespect the women. We have enough of that sort in the kingdom already. There are also some who I think would be bowled over by the scene and ended up marrying the first BG that batted an eye at him. A coworker has asked if he could come with me on my next trip. I won't take him. The guy has mental case written all over him. He may not be but I would feel guilty if my fears were realized.

Do you all act as 'gatekeeper' to LOS as well?

I think i understand what you mean CS, but I don't have any friends of the kind that would consider coming to LOS for the same reason you and I come here. At least, none outside this board. Most other people i know would be horrified at the idea.

An example was a friend of a friend in my home town. He's in his late thirties and single. He wanted a different place for a beach holidays, and asked me if i thought thailand would be OK. I said "sure, got great beaches', but didn't mention other facilities. He also likes dancing.

He went to Samui, ended up in some beach resort, with dancing.

Went dancing, and lo and behold, met this pretty young Thai woman, who he danced with. They got on so well, and at the end of the evening she consented to go to his room with him.

In the morning, he wanted to say goodbye to her. She said "You forget something".

Forget what?

She held out her hand.

He was mortified. he had absolutely no idea that she expected money. What had he done? Had he indeed slept with a prostitute? How could he, upstanding citizen do something so vile. Why didn't she tell him beforehand.

In the end he paid, but felt ashamed ever after. To embarrassed even to tell me when he came back.

yes, that's the kind of guy I'd never again recommend coming to LOS.

I have heard of the smarter girls realizing that the guy had no idea and was in a state of shock so the girls soften the blow by telling him the money is for taxi home, breakfast etc.

At times I also find myself acting as a kind of buffer but I tailor my reponses based on what they might want to see.

I wont deny guys who may fall in love at first sight but I educate them as well as I can and refer them to sources such as Stickmans submissions. So far I have not lost one yet. :applause:

Now for those that I am certain would abuse the girls or give farangs a bad name in the kingdom I will steer them someplace else. Eastern Europe might be more their speed as the folks there are more inclined to kick the shit out of them. :stirthepo

CS,

Depends on the guy, but usually I will not go with anyone, and play down the P4P stuff...1-2 guys at work I went on fields trips with, were real assholes, no way I'd want them near the people I know there...

Some of us on the board have debated whether or not to tell others of the good places we found, for fear of them getting ruined...tough call, as you want to reward the guys with the good bars and restaurants etc...

Remember exactly how you feel.

I worked with some very intelligent people. Had all the paper credentials in the world you would ever want or need.

I never made it a secret that I was moving over here. Didn't publicise it that much either (though it was sometimes hard to avoid as I did get Thai newspapers for over a year in the West and frequently had them in the office).

Comments like, "Why do you want to go somewhere where 50% of the people are dying from aids?".

<>

Archived