Taking a BG out of the bar - a project or not?

soongmak

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Drogon:

You stud. Here we were worrying that you were being taken for a ride, and you come out of this with not one but two girls.

My advice to you was to go to the bar and BARFINE a different girl in front of your honey. Instead you SPONSORED another girl out of the bar!!! And now your girl is so jealous that she loves you and wants to be with you forever. You are the master of manipulation. From now on we will be asking YOU for advice.

:bow::bow::bow:

15-20K a month? for one girl? this is more than a engineer with a master's degree makes...

Uh' date=' how many engineers with master degrees have you hired in Thailand lately?

Not many for that price...

Try something in the neigborhood of 25+ right out of school and with 5 years experience it easily goes to over 50K. We have several with 10 years that are approaching 100K, we have to or they will leave for someone that will pay it.

$15-20K is not a lot of money in Bangkok for a lower middle class existance.

Sh*t, my driver approaches $20k each month.

TH[/quote']

What kind of engineer?

Civil Engineer

Structural Engineer

Electronic Engineer

Mechanical Engineer

Chemical Engineer

Nuclear Engineer

Environmental Engineer

Health Engineer

Aeronautical Engineer

Textile Engineer

Sanitation Engineer

Train Engineer

Network Engineer

Software Engineer

I have no doubt my figures are off. Figure is from maybe 2-3 years ago, a friend of mine had a classmate who had a master's in (I believe) Civil engineering, and she was starting at 14K a month, up country,(I believe in Phitsanalok, possibly a government job, as she kept saying she was a "public official") some sort of dam project or something. My friend was a math teacher in Rangsit, starting at 6K a month, now I believe she gets 8K. Her sister has a master's in Business, works in real estate, makes 14K salary+ Commissions. Friend's Mia Noi has a master's in business, works in management in a bank, and gets 20K a month, now, started at 16K about 2 years ago.

Hence, 15-20K seems high for a student who has her tuition paid by her parents. The other girl (GF) presumably will be living with Drogon, who will be paying the rent and food...hence, no real need for this much "salary."

Drogon, I am out of this conversation, I wish you the best, let me know if you need me! Take care!

Off Topic, I am going on what I, Shin and SAMART all pay telecom engineers. That said they are also all Thai companies, so maybe thats the difference? However other places pay more.

This year there has been a increase in wages generally for engineers, especially in any computer software network enviroment.

Additional costs also we pay for short courses as does SAMART and Shin (I quote these two as I work with them just about every day and know what they pay benifits etc)

Way off topic though

Back to Drogon

DOG

Personally I'm sick of all this talk about comparing Bg's prices to professional engineer's salaries in Thailand.

The comparison is completely absurd, all the more because it's usually discussed by first world country professionals that earn money undreamt of by even their most excellent counterparts in Thailand.

It's sickening to me on multiple levels.

These girls risk all sorts of STD's. They risk abusive punters. Their career is rather limited by their age and time.

Given that, they deserve to get paid more than professional engineers with more than 5 years experience!!! There's no reason to stint on them or be fucking cheap. So they earnt 1 baht a day dodging snakes in the rice farms before - that is why they are here in Nana man!!! If anything, it's about time you started to be a bit more generous.

Otherwise, what is the joy you feel when you've (eg.) successfully slept with some Surin girl for 300 baht? That you've gotten the better of her?

Pathetic.

I actually agree with your sentiments

If Drogon wants to pay a girl 20K a month and he can afford it, why would anyone try to say it is too much because that is more then a engineer makes. So what!

We can ask him why he is doing it, caution him on the risks involved, but please donâ??t make a judgment on what the girl deserves based on an opinion what a Thai should be paid. :mad:

TH

[quote=shygye

What kind of engineer?

Civil Engineer

Structural Engineer

Electronic Engineer

Mechanical Engineer

Chemical Engineer

Nuclear Engineer

Environmental Engineer

Health Engineer

Aeronautical Engineer

Textile Engineer

Sanitation Engineer

Train Engineer

Network Engineer

Software Engineer

Actually you left off the types that are in the most demand right now:

Project Engineers

Process Engineers

Instrumentation Engineers

Pipeline (onshore & Offshore) Engineers

Welding Engineers

Stress Engineers

Construction Field Engineers

:smirk:

TH

And you forgot the universal engineer, otherwise known as god...i hear he's on good money...more than a bargirl for sure....

Anyway sorry about that mental abberation....back to inane discussion on types of engineers...can't wait for the next list...i'm on the edge of my engineered seat...

We are not talking about a bar girl, we are talking about a student. To me, a student dows not warrent a professional salary. Giving her this much money will only spoil her (as it would me or anyone else) and raise her expectations.

When she finishes University, and cannot get a salary to match what her sponsor has given her, then what? find a new/different sponsor? This is the trouble I see with a few girls I know in BKK. Additionally I would think it might make them more likely to re enter bar work, as it pays the money they are used to.

As for sponsorship, I'd say best to teach her to live on a realistic amount. Though I am still against the idea (was not before, now I am, as I see how it *CAN* ruin a person).

I think the engenier salaries, university and other bla bla bla doesn't matter:

because if SHE feels it is not enough then she won't stop her job entirely

As far as the realistic amount concerns me:

it is as realistic as SHE wants it to be

because if SHE feels it is not enough then she won't stop her job entirely

These girls are on their own agenda, whatever you/me/we discuss here doesn't matter, because if SHE feels it is not enough then she won't stop her job entirely

Get that fact straight, make it a song and play it on the radio that everybody will understand it!because if SHE feels it is not enough then she won't stop her job entirely!

PERIOD

This thread was dead after the first 3 replies, everything was said already: she wants to go out then you have a shot if she doesn't want to be out and you give her only a little money (in her opinion) then she will butterfly because if SHE feels it is not enough then she won't stop her job entirely!

CT,

I understand all that, the idea comes in when we discuss sponsoring, and how much blah blah...to me after a certain point it all becomes a shakedown, and she will most likely re-enter the bar business, as she will feel she warrents more than *ANY* job will pay her...so the point becomes, "why bother...?"

Related note, saw a rant on Craig's List here a few months back, waitresses bitching about people not tipping 20+%...she claimed she worked hard, and deserved to be paid.

Someone pointed out, that she made a killer salary (almost $40/hr, most of it tax free) and that she really had no special set of skills, or needed any, or any education to do the job. She said she felt this was what she "needed, and was worth..." So it seems to me, many people, (maybe related to age) seem to think they are worth more than they really are...gets rediculis after awhile. But I guess good if you can get it. Or better yet, if you can get it without working for it...

Archived