Taking a BG out of the bar - a project or not?

soongmak

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont know about the costs involved as they are paid by her family.

Al I know is that she really goes to the university

(everything checked)

Now sorry but I have other things to worry about as I move to Thailand in 1 month.......

Let me see if I have this right...her family HAS the money to send her to University...but she still works in a bar?

She has cancer, possibly terminal cancer, and no money for treatment because her family is poor...poor=has money for university, but not the money for medical treatment, which might fall under government health plan...

So currently, you are spending about 15-20K on her, and 15 K on the GF...so 30-35K+ a month...god I'd love to have that kind of extra cash...ok, still doing the math...nope it just doesn't add up...

drogon

"hard times enough to win my lady"

Hey, don't kid yourself. You bought a trial basis with your lady. So far that is all. One of the best relationships I know of startd out with a guy that took a girl from Darling massage. She moved in a few days later and have been together for close to fifteen years.

That could happen here as well and I hope for you that it does. But don't kid yourself about what you have and it is only her checking to see if she wants this to go on.

You have already decided but she hasn't.

15-20K a month? for one girl? this is more than a engineer with a master's degree makes...

Uh, how many engineers with master degrees have you hired in Thailand lately?

Not many for that price...

Try something in the neigborhood of 25+ right out of school and with 5 years experience it easily goes to over 50K. We have several with 10 years that are approaching 100K, we have to or they will leave for someone that will pay it.

$15-20K is not a lot of money in Bangkok for a lower middle class existance.

Sh*t, my driver approaches $20k each month.

TH

drogon

"now that I won her heart" is not really correct. You did not win anything. You basically bought a chance for her to find out if she wants this to be long term or not.

Nothing has been won here.

Having said that these things can work out and I hope for you that it does. One of the most enduring relationships I know of - more than fifteen years now - is a guy who went into Darling massage and was wild about the girl. She jumped at the chance to move in with him and they have been togther since. Although very unlikely that may happen for you as well although the girl does not seem eager to leave the bar in your case.

"I am now 100% convinced you are being taken" is Old Hippies call and he is probably right. These girls are taking major amounts of money off you.

15-20K a month? for one girl? this is more than a engineer with a master's degree makes...

Uh' date=' how many engineers with master degrees have you hired in Thailand lately?

Not many for that price...

Try something in the neigborhood of 25+ right out of school and with 5 years experience it easily goes to over 50K. We have several with 10 years that are approaching 100K, we have to or they will leave for someone that will pay it.

$15-20K is not a lot of money in Bangkok for a lower middle class existance.

Sh*t, my driver approaches $20k each month.

TH[/quote']

Was going by what a teacher friend of mine told me. I will stand corrected as you may well know the rates, but still dude, 15-20K is a decent salary for a girl going to Uni who has her fees paid by her family, as Drogon reported.

Frankly, I am not buying the girls stories at all. It appears this is all about money, and Drogon has mearly bought the girl for the time being. Or maybe both girls.

As I stated earlier, I fail to see how this cancer stricken girl's family has money to pay her uni fees, but not her medical treatments, which might be covered by the government program...unless I misunderstood him?

TH - We pay, and Shin Sat does as well, 16 - 18 K for first year, 22 in second year, driver 10K. This is for Telecom Engineers, very good unis etc.

5 year out depends where and what they did before.

One chap just started at SAMART, 3 years expeience, very good engineer, still on 21 K

DOG

Archived