Flipside.

FAT_AUSSIE

An aquaintance I have some 18 months ago began a relationship with a young Thai woman (now 25). She's a nice girl (uni educated) from Nokhon Sawon. They met where she worked in a restaraunt in the KhaoSan road area. This scenario is factual. Brian, 50 years old and from an engineering field works in a factory type environment, overtime and shiftwork etc, makes reasonable money. Previously married to a farang woman, has two children in thier early twenties, both are now distant. He had a subsequent marriage with a hispanic woman who left him soon after becoming an Australian citizen taking a proprotion of his home and assets. Needless to say, once bitten twice shy.

Brian had a good run in LOS, enjoyed the single life for a while, adores Thai women and and after seeing the run around in Pattaya decided to persue a relationship with a good Thai girl. To cut a long story short he is now in that relationship. She has come to Australia on a range of toursist visas and bounced back and forth between Australia and Thailand for the last 18 months. She want's to stay here, she loves it here in Australia, he loves Thailand. Due to work he does'nt have the ability to permanently leave Australia to persue a life in LOS. So his current position is that he has what I would call a very nice GTG who I think sincerely loves him and is ready to commit to a life here in Australia. She has a Boyfriend who dreams of a life livinLOS and is too scared to commit to a marriage and unwilling to settle in Austalia due mainly to fear of losing assets to a third settlement. I really feel sad for this girl, she loves her boyfriend (Brian) who he claims is her first and I could only imagine dreams of one day being a wife and mother and having a secure life in Australia. He will not offer little more than short stays, will not commit to a marriage and definatly would not have children.

In my mind (and I could be wrong) she will one day want to have children (she seems that type) and like most Thai women commited to a relationship want to be married. I see no light at the end of the tunnel for either of these guys and its sad because the in part have the makings of a good relationship.

Fatty...

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If he is worried that he might get bit again then he should hire the local PI's to see if she has any funny shit going on. If she is clean then go for it.

He is stuck in Oz or the time being and she loves it there so in teh interim that wont be a factor. I am sure after a few years in Oz she will start thinking about home again and he will have an easier time persuading her to do so. They always come home... :spin:

Your friend Brian sounds like he knows exactly what he wants!

How many times have we seen the TG act in a certain way until their status changes. What is good for them is VERY bad for us.

After Brian's TG gets herself situated in OZ,Brian is through! On the other hand, IF she really loves him, then it will be no problem for her to wait until he is ready to retire and move to LOS.

Like Ronald Reagan said so many years about Soviet missiles, "Trust, yet verify".

Every time I hear a story like yours where they meet a "good Thai girl" I wonder. It just does not happen on a short trip like this. But you can meet great women who want to meet a falang.

Check her out. It does not cost much and it could save a lot of heart ache down the road.

The best one I ever knew of was a a BKK resident who was with a woman that had multiple husbands- both Thai and falang. He said she was a good Thai girl also until one of the other husbands called him on the telephone one day.

I applaud Brian for keeping his guard up and looking out for himself.

OK so he's 50 and she is 25.....so they get married and have one kid, maybe two.....within 6 years....

when he is 65-70 he has teenagers to deal with....

when he is 70-74 he has two kids to put through college....

Even if it works it won't work....for him especially....Even if she is a champ he gets stuck breaking his back...I'm with brian on this one.....don't get too close buddy....small doses....enjoy....Yet if she is a true GTG then he should be fair about it. No sense in being like the BG's who snare, the oft idiotic, Khun Falang in their ugly web of deciet and lead him astray.

I would politely back out of the relationship and visit Pattaya 4 times a year instead.

"...If he is worried that he might get bit again then he should hire the local PI's to see if she has any funny shit going on. If she is clean then go for it..."

If I had to hire a PI to check on a woman, I'd just bag it from the start. A PI, especially in LOS is a crap shoot at best. They may just not come up with anything, or catch her on a day when she isn't up for any side line, or she just may not like the guy. Too many variables. Bottom line, if something seems off, it may well be, you can either trust her/turn a blind eye and not worry, or you should forget it.

"...Like Ronald Reagan said so many years about Soviet missiles, "Trust, yet verify"..."

The funny thing is, we always talk about trust being crucial to a relationship, and it is. But it seems to me, in many cases, the trust in a TG/Farang relationship amounts to the guy burying his head in the sand and or turning a blind eye to what is/maybe going on around him.

Archived