Visa HELP

Alfmaz

J have a little dilemma I donâ??t know what to do can someone HELP, as an Australian citizen Iâ??m allowed 30days without a visa, my next trip to Thailand which I have purchased the ticket for already is for 45 days arrive and depart Thailand. Now in between the 45 days I want to purchase a air ticket to Vietnam in Bangkok for three weeks.

My question is will customs in Thailand question my departure date on the form you fill out on arrival card

1. Do I put a date I think Iâ??m leaving Thailand to Vietnam

2. Do I get a 3 months Visa for Thailand and that will cover me for the over stay

3. Can anyone tell me what is the right thing to do

Iâ??m not really over staying as I am leaving the country for 3 weeks, but Iâ??m worried what might be passive by customs

well, good luck with that one. I was in vietnam about 3 yrs ago and you had to apply WELL in advance for your entry visa. And at that time you had to specify exact date, location and means of entry and exit from vietnam...

and there were rather severe penalties for failing to keep those dates...

maybe things have changed or maybe it was cuz i am US citizen?

on the arrival form you do not need to fill in WHEN you are leaving the country, just the departing flight number, not specified to a certain date.

i leave this departing flight number regularly open, as i do not know yet where i go next; i have never had any immigration officer complaining about that.

so you are fine for the Thailand part.

by the way, i always thought Aussies can get 60 days without a visa, or has this changed???

by the way, i always thought Aussies can get 60 days without a visa, or has this changed???

I wish we could !!

no, Australians have never got 60 days, you were probably thinking of those other antipodeans to the east of us. New Zealanders used to get a longer stay, because they used to allow Thais to enter their country easily.

I have never filled in the departure card at all. No one has ever said anything to me. That is suppose to be filled out and signed when you depart, correct? Mine is left blank (fill in only the name and passport number).

it is stitched on a page of your passport; so do you take it out before you fill in the infos?

actually i once lost the departure card (didn't come back from the embassy for a visa to china). no problem at all; they gave me a new one to fill out when i left thailand.

Archived