Fury as academics claim 9/11 was 'inside job'

soiarrai

The main reason I have trouble with 911 conspiracy theories is that there would have to be so many people involved to make it work. Surely somebody would have blown the whistle by now.

That said you only have to read up on PNAC to see that all the elements were in place. It just needed a trigger.

Here's an old Guardian article from 2002...

http://tinyurl.com/2mtbz

Reading between the lines it looks like the intelligence services were desperate to show they were on the case.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think those conspiracy theories reflect a lack of deeper understanding of how politics and the minds of politicians work. Apart from, as you say, the sheer technical and logistical complexity of a 9-11 insider plot, including keeping it secret - reflect for a minute on the moral immensity of such a plot from the Bush camp! That would require a destructive manevolence of Shakespearean dimension and these guys are simply not that evil. I have read a lot of fiercely negative stuff about Bush, Cheney, Rumsfield et consortes and nothing makes me associate them with any of my favourite shakesperean villains, or their real life opposite numbers in history.

Not even the most ardent Bush-critic - such as Paul Krugman, Maureen Dowd and others - in serious media would risk his or her intellectual reputation by subscribing to these insider plot scenarios.

Another issue, and that is serious enough, is how shamelessly Bush has used the 9-11 attack to advocate and defend the catastrofically adventuristic Iraq campaign.

"There are people out there to whom life means nothing. And others who think the end justifies any means. Look at Timothy McVeigh".

Yes, and neither Bush nor any of the other key players in the Bush fit into those categories to the extent that they would plan and carry out the monstrosity of the 9-11 attack.

The American public cannot really believe in it either, otherwise there would be a total uproar. And if any of the posters on this thread seriously believe in a monstrosity of such magnitude he should immediately start a camaign against those beasts - or he is just another of those "phut maak, tham noi" internet rebels. Or the typical expat beer bar hero.

I don't think it would be that difficult. Face it, if anyone blew the whistle (and some maybe have) they either end up dead (as they did in the Kennedy case) or they get labled a wacko who believes in conspiracy theories.

We now know the Gulf Of Tonkin was provoked, to get leagal ability to enter the Vietnam conflict full on, Pearl Harbour we now know there was advance warning of. FDR had almost 1 year to plot, internal memos now say he needed provocation to draw us into a war with Japan, the codes had been broken, and all the Japanese messages and intents were known. FDR needed an attack on a US Base, or interest to rile the people up to get on the band wagon.

The USA and UK knew HIlter was arming up, yet did not stop him when he was doing so...we know this Now, yet had someone spoke up at the time they'd have been locked up, labeld un patriotic, maybe executed, who knows...Pearl harbor occurred, support for US involvement in WWII was now there, the next day men were lining up to join the military.

911 occurred, we now know with advanced warning, and the people supported the invasion of Afganistan, and maybe Iraq. More truth came out, and now suport and the Neo-con strong hold is fading, and well let's see what happens.

There are very evil people in this word, people with all sorts of agendas, don't fool yourself for a second, GW and his bunch are capable of anything...and keep in mind, the president doesn't really run the country anyway.

As Flasher and I told you, we know what lies they told us in the military, what really scares me isn't what I know, but what I don't know. You can explain away WTC1 and 2, the crash in Pennslyvania and the pentagon are a bit suspicious, and WTC building 7...where is the explanation for that?

As I said, I NEVER blindly believe the official story. I know the official stories of my Military involvement were all lies, or based on lies, so why would I believe anything they say now? How could I?

I'm prepared to agree that some people knew 911 was coming. Just can't see Dubya being in the loop. Cheney maybe.

Bin Laden was obviously going to get whacked. Finding Atta's passport, WTC 7 collapse and the way it all led to the invasion of Iraq is definitely suspicious but the pressure was on Dubya to act tough after 911 even without solid evidence. Still is.

OK somebody planted the passport but how could a team of demolition experts rig WTC7 to implode without anybody knowing? Were any firefighters in WTC7 when it collapsed?

"As I said, I NEVER blindly believe the official story".

That seems to be an understatement - you rather seem not

believe anything of it at all. OK, but shouldn´t you reserve just a little bit of scepticism for the conspiracy theories as well...?

I cannot understand how American citizens seriously believe that they are ruled by murderous monsters and just don´t do anything about it! Afraid of ending up dead, come on, this is not a B-action movie! And this is not how I experience the American civil spirit, what has gone wrong?. Write to a senator or a newspaper or a lawyer or whatever and say that you have convincing evidence that the 9-11 attack was an inside job. And if your evidence is not convincing enough, why bother with speculations?

Now back to "Desperate Housew..." I mean "King Lear" of course!

I really don't understand why it's so difficult to believe that the US/UK governments would do this shit.

Actually, it seems clear to me that this type of shit has been going on for hundreds of years but it is only now, with the proliferation of video cameras and the availability of the internet as a free forum for exchanging ideas and information, that it is becoming more difficult for the powers that be to cover it up.

Did anyone look at the links I posted regarding the London bombings? The faked police photo and the guy from the crisis management company saying that they were running an exercise based on pretty much precisely the scenario that unfolded on THE SAME DAY, for US/Jewish clients?

Jesus, come on. Did you guys read the Operation Northwoods document? The US government was plotting TERROR ATTACKS ON IT'S OWN CITIZENS as a pre text for invading Cuba. They even suggested FILLING PLANES WITH PEOPLE WITH ELABORATE ALIASES, FLYING IT OVER CUBA, SWITCHING IT WITH A DRONE, SHOOTING THE DRONE DOWN AND BLAMING CUBA! Sound familiar?? If they were thinking about it then.... why not 5 years back?

And the amazing thing is... they know that so few will even enntertain the idea that they might do it.

Why did Bush fight against an inquiry and then run what is now universally accepted as a white wash?

Why has Blair REFUSED TO HOLD A PUBLIC INQUIRY into the London bombings?

Doesn't it seem even a little strange to you?

Archived