endless Visa Runs are over!!!

Mentors

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's going to be a real pain in the butt if this stuff goes through, especially for us folks who travel on a monthly basis to Thailand and have places there. That infamous Thailand Elite card is looking more and more appealing.

Hey, wait... maaaaybe that's not a coincidence.............

I did read somewhere yesterday (here? ThaiVisa?) an article which some government official claims they will be looking at marriage visas as well and try to determine if these marriages are legit and to see "if the married couple are truly 'in love'". *Sigh* It looks like these guys will be fucking with all the visas if they can.

Cent

They seem to have slacked off on checking on the marriage visas. I heard tales in the 1980s of the police actually visiting the wife's house to see if the husband had any clothes there. Plus they would ask the neighbours if the couples actually lived together.

They never did that to me, but I was considered respectable :rolleyes:, as was my wife :bow:.

However, it seems some folks were paying a BG to sign a marriage registration just to get the visa. A fair number of Chinese men were doing the same thing. In fact, some Thai women openly advertised in Hong Kong for Chinese husbands -- registration price one million baht. It would be a sham marriage, and once the Chinaman got his permanent residence visa they'd divorce and she'd marry another one.

This goes on a a lot here as well. The I.N.S. does a fairly thoughral check on marrages from *certain* countries. The Ex and I got asked a few questions, basic stuff, and that was it.

I knew a guy from Nigeria, and he and his wife got royally grilled during separate interviews. They did pass, as it was/is a legitimate marrage. Many are not.

Archived