Ramifications of the current coup d'e tat in BKK ??

potica69

bloody Yanks.....always thinking of themselves....... :shocked::p

Gov. here in the UK has no worries about Brits travelling and i would not hesitate to go if booked for tomorrow.

BA has offered Passengers the choice of changing their destination or day of travel,but apart from that nothing.

so far and i say so far,Foreigners not affected,except if you count many places being closed.

the Military are not interested in us,but things might change.

it's like anywhere,you just act normal and behave and hopefully you will be fine.

already i hear the disinformation starting at work.

it was the same after the Tsunami when i was told i was stupid to travel to Phuket which was obviously a pile of rubble and disease ridden at the time i visited 6 Months after.

now the same people are going on about how unsafe it is for the visitors and anyone thinking of going is stupid.

and all this from people who have never visited the Kingdom.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The funniest thing was walking down Khao San Road today and talking to backpackers... reactions.

1. Europeans, "I just woke up (1PM) what coup?? Do you know where I can get some pot..."

2. Japanese, "It seems to be a very friendly coup to me... not so bad."

3. Israeli, "What the fuck ever this is nothing... and I'm not scared to be here at all. This is my vacation I'm going to the fucking beach."

:up:

If you could just export those sentiments tourism would be fine :grinyes:

Cheers,

theNumbers

Just saw analysis on Sky News and he said whatever way you looK at it Taksin has alot of support still. And has won elections democratically.

Could this be a problem? Hopefully not.

It would be great if this was agood change for Thailand. Maybe fairer visa rules will be introduced by a more reasoned government.

The constitution has been revoked. The government has been sacked. What i want to know is: Will the gogo bars now be able to stay open until 4am. Or even 5 or 6am.

Mailuk (its all about the gogo bars)

quote=MaiLuk]The constitution has been revoked. The government has been sacked. What i want to know is: Will the gogo bars now be able to stay open until 4am. Or even 5 or 6am.

Mailuk (its all about the gogo bars)

Good questions, glad somebody asked! What can we expect from the generals? Where's Purachai? The last big Muslim ran the drug killing sprees... but this guy seems a bit more thoughtful (though apparently not too thoughtful about storming the Krue Sae mosque. Any inside word? What's to come? Will the interim be more strict or more loose? Dumbass punters like myself likely to have anything to worry about?

Sorry, my questions are just for show, really - as long as they let my sorry ass in and leave the ATMs on, I'm be in Thailand and I'll find just what I need while I'm there - it may be a coup, but it's still Thailand!

YimSiam

The biggest threat to Thailand is not the coup, but the media and the way they usually sensationalize everything. People that know better won't be deterred from coming. Others might think twice after seeingpictures of tanks in the steet.

Take the aftermath of the Tsunami, for example. Just a few months ago I ran across a supposedly well educated and intelligent person that actually though that Phuket had been "pretty much wiped out" by the tsunami. He refused to believe otherwise until I showed him some pictures.

Rex

Email received this morning :

Hi tilac

How are you today Today i not work and tomorrow to maybe i will off again

Now in thailand is not good still fight I can not go out must stay at home

But any way dont worry about me? I think must better because no Tac Sin anymoer

then every one be happy about that

Okay i will be good for you

100 kisssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss fore you

Miss Missing

I love waking up to news like this....... :cool:

Bada :beer: Bing