Ramifications of the current coup d'e tat in BKK ??

potica69

Perhaps it's premature to speculate what may ensue with the current coup on Prime Minister Thaksin. Yet, I believe there are numerous old hands in Thailand or elsewhere who may offer some helpful info.

1. Over the next several months, how do you feel this will affect tourism, especially for punters?

2. Do you feel the Thai Baht will substantially decrease in value?

3. Do you feel it will be safe for an American to travel to Bangkok and Pattaya Beach over the next several months?

Any words of wisdom are welcome.

Thanks

potica69

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah. He should be asking how this will affect the nightlife. Uh... cause the girls are desparate. Bloody yanks always thinkin of themselves.

>>1. Over the next several months, how do you feel this will affect tourism, especially for punters?<<

Ah ha, I see you did in fact ask about the girls Mr Potica. I retract everything. You're alright in my book.

Since this is a bloodless coup, and the latest news is that the fearless previous leader of the kingdom of siam intends to settle down in the west instead of returning to triumphantly reclaim his throne, all will be safe in the LOS.

A slight concern has arisen regarding the religous convictions of our new dictator, and how he may view the nightlife. I am buying my ticket tomorrow so at least one punter thinks the night life will carry on.

You're just lucky he didn't ask about the likelihood of cross faction civil war breaking out in the streets so that he might get his rocks off watching real time CNN coverage of a few Euro expats getting splattered in HDTV resolution.

Now that's what America is looking for. Far more fun watching real bodies explode from thousands of miles away than some silly Hollywood action flick.

Hey maybe you could help give the OP a woody by sporting an NP T-shirt and kicking a Thai soldier in the nads on live TV. Your dance of death at the end of a stream of .223 should entertain him greatly.

It's nice to see that after months of absence nothing changes on either side of the idiot debate. :whatever:

Archived