Ramifications of the current coup d'e tat in BKK ??

potica69

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My current take...

I am not that concerned about the religion of the current militairy chief and expect things to return to normal in a few days.

To give you a more concrete sense of what is happening, I went to the gym early this morning to excercise before work, it was open and full, I finished my work out and my biggest concern was a sore elbow. But when I got to work, it was not open, even though we all received an SMS earlier in the morning asking everyone to report to work. :dunno: (I could of slept in.)

Unless this turns violent or the outsted power tries to fight back (which doesn't seem to be happening - you will probably learn about this sooner that us, since regular programing stopped last night), I expect things to return to normal soon.

The MiB may not be happy since they generally sided with and profited from Mr. T while the militairy, which appears to be in control, generally did not. I need to think through how that is likely to affect you area of concern (nightlife), but my first thought is "not much". Perhaps less tourists, but we'll see.

P.S. Am I imagning things, or did I see this discussion veer off - of all irrelevant subjects - Americans? I will take another look at this thread after I have another cup of coffee.

P.S. Am I imagning things, or did I see this discussion veer off - of all irrelevant subjects - Americans? I will take another look at this thread after I have another cup of coffee.

Yes, the Americans are once again being abused...and now my MTV stopped working! What the hell is going on!!! KFC better be open :stirthepo

...and then I had to remove my "Hitler" avator...what is going on???...yes, it is all about me :cool:

Let's imagine that you are back in England, the US or wherever and you have tickets to leave in about two weeks to visit Thailand for the first time... You turn on BBC, CNN or whatever and hear that there is a Military Coup, and the Goverment and all Media has been taken over by the military... Would you still consider taking the trip or look to cancel or change your destination???

Yes, this will definetely effect tourisum...

Piaoman

(I could of slept in.)

I Did Sleep In :)

As for the thread veering off, enjoy your coffee and re read the OP. It was all "Is It Safe For Americans"

Archived