Ramifications of the current coup d'e tat in BKK ??

potica69

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In one of these 997 threads, someone mentioned that the USD might get stronger against the Baht. I was wishing...but...

Thai Baht

the Baht got a little stronger: 1 USD = 37.7000 Baht

Bugger the dollar,you lot have had it good for too long.Wait until your are paying $10 a gallon :neener:

Anyway,the Queens pound is up a bit today,so there!

The constitution has been revoked. The government has been sacked. What i want to know is: Will the gogo bars now be able to stay open until 4am. Or even 5 or 6am

On the radio, the government announced the restrictions now in effect. One involved limiting political discussion (something we might want to consider here). But the expressly said there would be no curfew in effect.

Now this obviously was not said in the context of closing times for go go bars, but it does demonstrate the importance they see in getting business back to normal.

I just got the following:

Teerak,

Lek break heart you many time solly. now mut to ak u for help. hab coup now, coup bad make farm no make rice you hlp me plez daring. Now Lek lub ony u.

I sense the sincerity and wisked away a check toot sweet! So no need to send your monthly payment just yet.

the Baht got a little stronger: 1 USD = 37.7000 Baht

Bugger the dollar' date='you lot have had it good for too long.Wait until your are paying $10 a gallon :neener:

Anyway,the Queens pound is up a bit today,so there![/quote']

OK, back to the norm...

Hey, let's compare apples to apples...just looking at the price of gas in the USA is not a fair comparison...look at the whole picture, such as,

When you go on the "dole" in the UK or EU (I know about Germany a bit), it lasts much, much longer then the six months in the USA.

or health insurance...socialized med in the UK (OK, not the best, but free?), pay HUGE $$$ every month for crap insurance and BUPA is not an option in the USA.

or vacation, holidays? very few/little in the USA.

just a few differences from the use of the higher gas tax (higher gas proces)...so the USA at the end of the day has a higher gas price when you factor in everything...IMO

Archived