Alcoholism?

Lusty

When is someone deemed as an alcoholic?

I ask this as just lately when I have a few days off work I tend to hit the booze quite heavily,and I throughly enjoy a couple of beers after night shift.

BUT on work days or when I have commitments where I need to be sober I stay off of it with out any cravings.

Nothing heavy,mainly Stella Artois and Aussie red vino.

Am I worrying about nothing?Thanx

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

url=http://nhsblogdoc.blogspot.com/2006/05/what-is-alcoholic.html]Alcoholic Info[/url]

How do you know if you have an alcohol problem? If you are asking yourself that question, you probably do have one. But, if in doubt, ask yourself the four CAGE questions.

1. Have you ever felt you needed to Cut down on your drinking?

2. Have people Annoyed you by criticizing your drinking?

3. Have you ever felt Guilty about drinking?

4. Have you ever felt you needed a drink first thing in the morning (Eye-opener) to steady your nerves or to get rid of a hangover?

Two positives and you are in trouble.

Difficult not to answer affirmative to some of these questions at some point in life!

But, this is a blog...lots of info, just do a google.

No to all here also, but most would regard me as an alcoholist, but I can stop any day or at least I believe that I can. I don't do it as I know I'm not a alcoholist and will just stop that the doc # 24 says I'll die if I not stop. That day we'll see as I prefer quality of life instead of a long life. A gourmet meal without a high class burgundy or an old rioja is not a life, it's a living dead condition.... :beer:

As I learned from my experience in attempts at rehab, "addiction is defined as consequences and behavior..." or something like that. So if your drinking causes some sort of problems, and negetive results for any related behaviors, then you by text book have a problem. If you think you can stop, then do so, any difficulties will indicate there is a problem. Good luck, hope this helps.

BTW, my name is old Hipie and I am an alcoholic...

I have not had any alcohol for over 15 months...and am still an alcoholic, a dry drunk like Gw Bush...

I started questioning myself as Lusty has, years ago, took a long time to face up to it. Now I dealing with it, willpower, tranquilizers (the first few weeks) and hypnosis seem to have helped.

Archived