Alcoholism?

Lusty

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I might add that sometimes even without the sauce i am capable of making a bad decision or two.....

My cravings are almost nonexistent once my lifestyle normalizes....this takes about 20 days of complete detox....by normalizing the lifestyle I refer to the point where I am no longer surprised that I have stopped drinking e.g. 'Hey lets go get a beer, wait, I quit drinking'....

I have found great comfort in the 'NAM-MEN-NOW' lemony drink served at most bars here in the LOS. It's almost a margarita.

I've had - and still have - problems with alcohol.

My GP has prescribed a rather new drug for me, witch here is called "Calpram". The drug reduces your desire for alcohol, not completely but enough to help you be in control again.

I've been taking this medicine for almost one year now and I have been able to reduce my alcohol consumption dramatically.

It's rather expensive though, about 150$ pr month, but for me worth it.

I remember when I was in the U.S. military that those who were supposed to be the subject matter experts said that a second incident of driving while intoxicated was a pretty reliable indicator of someone being an alcoholic. The consequences of the first one were so dire that a second one was a strong indication that the person could not control it.

Must be some sort of "cultural differences" going on here (or you are referring to being caught??, and the 2nd time shot?? :D )

It is pretty much a choice between drinking and doing something else
- basically where I am nowadays - but each to their own.

I had an alcohol prob during my college days. Then I met my wife and she straightened me out. I've been married to her for over 30 yrs now -- my point is: a good woman will help you overcome your problems, including alcohol addiction.

Not sure what I am? I do drink a lot, an awfull lot sometimes. I go for months without having a single day without a drink, whether that is a couple of glasses of wine or a complete pissup. When I am in LOS I drink on average over 30+ drinks a day (spread over a period of say 10 to 12 hours) and I do this for 10 to 14 days at a time. By any standards I drink a lot, but I don't crave drink, I take 3 or 4 days off every so often just to prove to myself that I can stop for a bit. Sometimes my drinking makes me late for work the next day but I make up the time. It has never affected my relationships or my friendships but I would never tell some people just how much I do drink.

Archived