First trip... Couple questions :)

FrostFire

I'm sure you all have seen my type before... 32yo, Frequent traveler to Tijuana, but otherwise virgin to places like Bangkok... but have always wanted to go.

I am now in a position to afford to go AND have fun... but I want to make sure all of my major decisions are right for what I want. I have read a few posts here, but not all of them... and I will continue to read more when time allows, but I thought I would post anyway, as I personally enjoy reading and responding to posts, and I am sure many of you do too :)

Anyway.. My first question is "WHEN"? My first thought is to go during the Chinese New Year (Leave LAX Jan. 25, return Feb 7). This seemed like a good time to me, as it would not only give me the usual Bangkok delights (e.g. Women =P), but would allow me to see some of the celebration culture as well, and get some really cool pictures. Keep in mind, I have never visited the orient, but I am very fascinated with their celebrations, etc.

That said, my main reason for going to Bangkok is... well, I am single now (for the first time since a teen), and I donâ??t think I will be much longer... and I will probably never get another chance to indulge that particular area of life. That said, I do not want to ruin that experience by going at a time that would not be conducive to fulfilling all those fantasies :)

My second questionâ?¦ How much money should I plan to spend to have a unforgettable time over 8 days? Please be generous with your estimates â?? I am a very generous person. That said, however, I do not want to be the one that pays too much and ruins it for othersâ?¦ but I never skimp on anything (I usually tip 40-50% when I eat out, if the service is good â?? or the waitress is hot lol). I was thinking about taking somewhere around $5000USD in addition to my travel expenses.

Third question.. I am using a travel service to get there that charges me a flat fee for Air and Hotelâ?¦ Somewhere around $1400USD for airfare plus 8 nights at Narai hotel. I have read that it is almost a MUST to stay at the Nana hotel the first visitâ?¦ Does anyone know of a travel agent that does not include hotel (or offers the Nana as a option) for a fair price? Personally I think $1400 is fair even if I get an additional hotel, but as a first timer there may be a better wayâ?¦ and I am all for spending my money on what matters!

Fourthâ?¦ Is there a good forum (this one for instance?) for setting up meetings for the time I will be thereâ?¦ what I mean is, if there are any other users of this forum planning on being in BK at that time of yearâ?¦ it would be cool to meet and introduce myself, and maybe learn a little from the more experienced Vacationers :)

Lastlyâ?¦ This is a delicate question lol, but one that needs answered. Its in 2 parts really. First, let me start by saying that I am your average guyâ?¦ I donâ??t consider myself perverted by any means, but like any guy I do like young women (not too awful young), and I am not in to the gay scene or anything exoticâ?¦ Are there any places that I should frequent, or maybe more importantly, any places I should avoid (besides the obvious ladyboy places), and for that matter, is there any way to easily identify the Ladyboy places so I can stay out of them? LOL. I have seen pictures of some of the guys in thereâ?¦ and after a few drinks I would never know they were guysâ?¦ very scary! (grin). (Not that I am a gay basher or anything like thatâ?¦ nor a homophobe, but I am not even slightly interested in seeing Trannys on this particular vacation lol).

The last part of the last question is simple: What can I expect from the Thai women in the way of intimate contact when we are alone? I know all cultures are different, and I donâ??t want to stumble in to problems by not knowing. For instance, I have on a couple occasions used â??GFEâ? type â??providersâ? here in the US, and the experience is very similar to a â??girl friend experienceâ? (e.g. Kissing, cuddling, talking, and a variety of other activitiesâ?¦ usually whatever you want). Is it the same for Thais? Are there any things that would be consider taboo to a Thai that a first timer would not know? (I do know you should not touch one on the head, and do not point the souls of your feet at themâ?¦ But does the head thing extend to playing with their hair during sex? If so, are there any other things that are no-no?).

Hope this wasnâ??t too longâ?¦ and I look forward to meeting some of you out there!

Thanks in advance for your info and advice!!

Dave (Frosty)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doh! Forgot a question lol.

I am a fairly picky eater... I have never tried Thai food (though I do plan on going to a Thai resteraunt just to see before I go), but in the event I do not like Thai food... What do I do? LOL. Is there a good place to get american food there?

Frosty

Where exactly is Pattaya, and how is the easiest way to get there from BKK? I will be flying in to BKK I think... Remember, I am very new to travel in other countries lol - be nice!

Money is not really an issue for me... but quality is. Also, since I do not speak Thai, I guess it would be best to find women that do speak at least a little english, though I guess in the end that is not the most important thing. I can, if needed, get a Thai-English translator program for my Treo, I suppose (I assume there is such a thing... might not be a bad thing to have for a pinch).

Frosty

From just a quick look you can get a ticket for $800 taxes included(only checked one website)

A high end hotel should cost you no more then 2000 baht a night, $400 for 8 days.

Quotes for nana hotel:

Standard SGL./DBL. Bht. 1,290

Triple 1,490

Superior SGL./DBL. 1,490

Deluxe SGL./DBL. 1,690

Triple 2,390

Suite SGL./DBL. 2,290

Triple 2,790/3,290

Do it yourself and save $200.

Frosty,

First thing: Don't worry! Everyone had their first time, and it's worked out fine for most of us. Everything in Thailand is far easier than you can imagine. What you want, you can get - and that goes for food, a GFE, a cheap/expensive hotel, everything.

You're single now, but not for long? Unless you've already got a Thai girl in mind, you might want to put those other plans on hold... Thailand has a way of undermining even the best-laid plans.

Don't worry about kathoeys, they're there if you want them, if you don't it's not likely that they're going to be any cause for concern. You can access your money through ATMs on every corner, so don't bring too too many dollars or TCs.

You've heard of Thailand before, and you're interested in taking a vacation there to get laid, but you don't know where Pattaya is? Puh-lease.

YimSiam

Where exactly is Pattaya, and how is the easiest way to get there from BKK? I will be flying in to BKK I think... Remember, I am very new to travel in other countries lol - be nice!

Pattaya and BKK is NEARLY the same distance from the new airport. It takes you about 50 minutes to your hotel in BKK if the traffic is good and it takes you about 75 minutes to Pattaya. Take a cab and tell him where to go, he'll find it!

Pattaya is a way smaller city but it has hookers in every soi and road. They have a ton of beer bars, which are bars without walls, a few tables, and the waitresses are hookers, it also has loads fo gogo bars (aka strip clubs) with loads of hookers. Pattaya has walking street which is alledgedly the biggest red light district in the world. a 3 major soapy massage parlors at one easy to fin location. etc.. I like Pattaya more because it is smaller, the traffic is lower and I can be at any location within 5 to 10 minutes. In BKK you spend a lot of time in traffic jams and the major red light districts are not exactly very close to each other. The variety in entertainment is much bigger in BKK, the city is huge and kinda unique. I find the BKK girls more scammy than the Pattaya girls, Pattaya girls are cheaper, food is cheaper, everything else is cheaper.

BKK is the capital and it has everything, Pattaya is designed for the single man, if getting laid is the only thing you want then Pattaya is the better choice.

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=pattaya

ha ha yeah nice link,that payatta music brings back memorys.

one more thing dont say anything negative about the king and queen but you probably already know that.

i would do a few days in bangkok then geta taxi to payatta,half the price (girls drink,hotels etc)but twice as many and they scream(bonus)then if you like bangkok better you can go back there.

Archived