First trip... Couple questions :)

FrostFire

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yes i agree that ko samui/phucket etc is a good place to go cause i couldnt stay in bkk and payatta for 2/3 weeks,some do and love it but i like a beach which is nice and that you can accually swim in and sunbath.

i did

bkk 2nights

payatta 3 nights

ko samui 2weeks

ko pagan 3 days

ko phi phi 5 days

phucket 2 nights

then back to bkk

i liked doing it like that and only prebooked my bkk hotel.

as i say depends what you want and weither you can be bothered travelling about thailand as some people like to drop their bags and stay in the one hotel without the hassle of packing up and moving!!

I used to go to Mexico a lot. As you said, you have been there a lot. If you can't eat Mexican food, you can't eat Thai food. But in Mexico, you can find American food.... same same in Bangkok.

How you interact with the Mexican women is just about the same as with Thai ladies. Only thing is the Thais take a shower before sex.

Weatherwise, visiting Bangkok during this time is ideal. But during Chinese New Year, it might be busier than normal as Asians from other countries might fly into Bangkok for the holidays as well as some working girls taking a short leave in going back to their home in up country.

Budget, please consider that Thailand is a third world country where costs are a lot lower than the states. The best hotels can be had for under $200 a night with some great bargains can be had for under $50 a night. Personally, I wouldn't want to stay at the Nana hotel, which is across the street from Nana plaza, one of three adult entertainment complexes in Bangkok.

Food, western food can be had at most upscale hotels as well as western pubs and some western restaurants along major routes. There are many western franchise places like MacDonalds, KFC and Pizza Hut.

Transportation, metered taxis are everywhere. It is inexpensive but make sure that the taxi guy uses the meter by observing him pressing the meter to activate it.

Tipping is generally optional and in most cases not required. In most upscale restaurant and in hotels, they automatically add a service charge to your bill.

Venues, Bangkok is nice as you get a cosmopolitan city as well as night spots whereas Pattaya there is the beach and the night spots only! I would suggest that perhaps you allocate a couple of days in Pattaya. The commute by bus/taxi is relatively short.

The key is not to overspend on your adult activities. ST range from 1,500 baht to say 2,000 and LT range from 2,000 and up in addition to paying a bar fee which allows the girl to leave the bar. Tipping is optional.

Sanuk!

x-USV,

Done deal! I really don't get the point of this type of troll at all, but hey, whatever floats your boat...

What's with the no-tipping, don't use your money advice? Money is what differentiates me from, say, the corpses they keep dragging out of the bay. OK, if a few dollars lost in LOS is going to keep you from paying your next month's rent, don't throw it around - but if you've got it and want to have a good time for the few short days/weeks/years you're in LOS, hell, tip away! Bargirl respect? Wake up!

YimSiam

Archived