NotStickman defeats Stickman

potica69

Hi,

"Which indicates he had or has read the sight, and found it to be as he discribes. Hence, one would conclude to make such a comment, he is indeed familiar with it, and formed his opinion of such. Further implication states that Wonderlust has read it more than once, as his comments imply the sight is "Always" that way...hence, The conclusion. or so I would think..."

No, that just means that he has read it (maybe often, maybe a few times, no way of telling). It does not mean he is still reading it.

Sanuk!

The only times I read Stickmans website is when some article got referenced here.

And I do agree with wonderlust :devil:

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wonderlust

Love it or hate it - thats your right. Read it, don't read it - up to you. Agree with what Stick said or disagree - again, up to you.

Disagree with what stick says so much that you want to set up a web site to "show the other side", even point out any hypocracy - again, up to you.

Seek to *personally* attack stick, out him, try to get him in trouble with hs employer, maybe kicked out of Thailand? - WAY - WAY - WAY - over the line.

To some extent I agree with you. I don't really understand the almost reverential following stick and his site has/had - but so what? I don't always agree with his "take" on things Thai - but again, so what? He has one opinion, I have another, again so what? His opinions are not going to change *my* life one way or another.

I *do* however, have agreat deal of respect for what Stick was able to do. And thats produce, week after week for years a *readable* column. And here I disagree with you, it was readable. Look around (maybe on the Thailand stories site, or at sticks readers submissions) - frankly most people can't write worth a damn. What stick said was not great literature - but it was readable, and most of his audience were not after great literature in the first place. They were after a slice of Thailand, and stick gave them that week after week after week. I will be honest, and I think I *can* write (your milage may vary here!!), but I could not do it week after week after week. Very, very tough.

As you say, you found the site quite rubbish, but did that make you want to go out and try to destroy the man? I hope not.

-j-

Who knows? I just had a look at Galt's site. Seems his mission isn't accomplished yet. He is staying the course. But he doesn't have Stick to feed off anymore.

Somebody on another website says he is looking after Stick's reader's submissions. But I imagine the traffic has dropped off there.

• 2 weeks later...

OK - I am confustigated, I thought to enter, as confirmed by friends who went on Sunday, the grand palace all you had to do was buy a ticket.

Somene seems to be giving out misleading information or am I wrong,

<

The Royal Palace can not be entered unless you have a specially trained Thai tour guide to lead you. These guides are for hire and they typically work for other local tour companies.>>

WHAT - No Coke????

DOG

Archived