New Year Resolution 2007

buddha

wow, what a year.

In 2006 I pledged to get my ass back in Bangkok and to quit Smoking. I have been successful in each.

The not smoking thing was truly the best thing i could have possibly done for myself. It's hard, I'm still totally attracted to the lure of cigarettes, I have suffered a drunken relapse, but I kept on fighting. I am a long time smoker and very excited about shedding this habit/addiction. No disrespect to any smokers....enjoy.

Moving to Bangkok however has just about ruined my life. I may come off in posts as 'confident' or 'brash' but truth be told i am a complete basketcase. I am maintaining at the workplace, in front of friends, and out....but the sheer debauchery I am enjoying is a serious calamity waiting to happen.

A never ending rollercoaster lined with alcohol, pharmacy, bar girls, katoeys, adjustment to a thai family, and some pressures from back home in the USA is all coming to a head.

I am about to burst.

After a full work up at the hospital came back showing me to be Healthy and not affected; however, the malaise is not of the physical nature. I am addicted to the nightlife and the random sporadic thrilling situations one can find themselves in with little more than a wink or nod of the head.

This year I will give up the night life. All of it. this year I will become Number 1 Jai Dee family man.....respectable, credible, believeable, and able. This year I will give back to the society that I believe gave me a new life.

I am cold turkeying as of right now.....[umm I had a hell of a night]....any advice is appreciated.

This year I will give up the night life. All of it. this year I will become Number 1 Jai Dee family man.....respectable, credible, believeable, and able. This year I will give back to the society that I believe gave me a new life.

But what about next year? :dunno::dunno:

addiction to nightlife will fade away over time...

went through this myself.

when you sit in a gogo and suddenly like a enlightment realize that you have seen the same stage, the same cheap chrome poles, the same chicks, heard the same song, felt the same smell thousands of times, then addictions is suddenly replaced by boredom!

that does not mean that i do nowadays not enjoy the occasional night out with the BG's!

...and now MY resolutions for 2007:

- shag only BG's between 18-20 years old

- exceed Old Hippie's number of posts

- try a Katoey (disclaimer: i am not gay!)

- visit the dozen Thai Provinces left that i have not visited yet

- get addicted to Som Tam Pala

- get the thai driver license for longtail boats

- get my liver transplantation done

- show up at Gullibles!

Hi,

"when you sit in a gogo and suddenly like a enlightment realize that you have seen the same stage, the same cheap chrome poles, the same chicks, heard the same song, felt the same smell thousands of times, then addictions is suddenly replaced by boredom!"

Some friends and I were talking about this the other day and concluded that it is usually very easy to spot the expats in a gogo bar as they are usually the onces watching the TV rather than the girls :)

Sanuk!

addiction to nightlife will fade away over time...

went through this myself.

when you sit in a gogo and suddenly like a enlightment realize that you have seen the same stage, the same cheap chrome poles, the same chicks, heard the same song, felt the same smell thousands of times, then addictions is suddenly replaced by boredom!

that does not mean that i do nowadays not enjoy the occasional night out with the BG's!

poor old Samak...life is all but over :neener:

After a full work up at the hospital came back showing me to be Healthy and not affected;

You are not out of the woods yet, especially with all of that barebacking you've been doing.

You need to go have an HIV test 6 months after your last encounter as it can take up to 6 months for antibodies to appear in the blood.

Buddha, you might find 'going clean' hard to do if not impossible. Remeber this year you tried to stop drinking alchol and instead you ending up worse then before.

You got to get down to the root of the problem. I remember before you returned to LOS that you claimed you owed '50,000.00 in taxes'. I got a feeling this might be the root of your problem.

I wish you the best of luck, you are going to need it.

Archived