80% of Mobile Clinic Results HIV Positive!

Dali

This from the Phuket Gazette:

"PHUKET: Phuket Governor Niran Kalayanamit has ordered all government agencies to step up the battle against the spread of HIV, after some 80% of people who used a mobile clinic tested positive for HIV...

Am-Orn Kittitornkul, Chief of the Phuket Provincial Health Office HIV/Aids section, told the Gazette that her office two months ago began operating a â??mobile clinicâ? offering free blood tests for HIV/Aids and vaginal examinations to check for other sexually transmitted diseases (STDs).

Most of the 100 or so people who used the service were female sex workers, some 80% to 90% of whom tested positive for HIV, she said...

Phuket now has the fourth-highest per capita incidence of Aids in Thailand, behind Ranong, Trat and Phayao provinces, she said."

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Most of the 100 or so people who used the service were female sex workers, some 80% to 90% of whom tested positive for HIV, she said...

When the writer uses a range of numbers instead of exact numbers, I get slightly suspicious. If they really know how many were tested and how many of those tested positive, why not give the exact percentage who were hiv positive. Its simply a mathematical and easy calculation.

Maybe someone has an agenda...

how can this be so high? Check this test done between female sex workers and truck drivers in china.

WHO HIV TEST

The test came out that none of the truck drivers had HIV and 10% of female sex workers had it but all were IDU.

This is where I find it difficult to draw any conclusions about the HIV rate.

I think the reportings maybe politically motivated sometimes, especially the articles you find in the newspapers.

The information could be true.

My wife's brother (who is a police officer) claims that when the police were making raids in the lower suk area, the girls who went to jail would be tested and their HIV positive score was close to 100%.

Of course the results were off. The ladies who could pay their fine were not tested. Those who could not come up with money were tested. Also, the ladies were picked up off the streets which one would assume would have a higher rate of infedtion.

Archived