80% of Mobile Clinic Results HIV Positive!

Dali

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You got a point, but then, the go-go girls I know insist on wearing condoms. The bar also helps by having the girls checked.

Was at one place one time and was a little surprised that the police seemed strange, the management was not at the place and the girls were acting very distant.

The manager finally came in and was speaking to the bartender. One girl had to be cut... failed the medical exam.

makes you wonder how close we come...

I've seen the test books the gogo girls carry around with them...the camelot bars seemed to be reasonably on the case, but some girls missed tests, sometimes for months at a time. As far as i'm concerned the risks are too high, no matter what.

Also mailuk, 10 years or less for full blown AIDs, HIV can manifest after 3-6 months. Check the list of symptoms...most will probably get a feeling things aren't right, when they can't shake off sickness.

It's been 8 months since my last p4p, a bit longer than that since my last split condom with a p4p girl. I've never displayed any symptoms as such but i still worry. I will take a test one day. I think i'm clear as i've not got any symptoms of HIV infection, but then how would i know..it scares the shit out of me.

hence, I see a need for condoms and common sense.

condom sense perhaps?

I had the impression that doing aids testing was a requirement of the job in a decent gogo, and was counting on that actually, but I asked three Rainbow cuties I barfined this past summer about how often they did aids testing...(post coital chit chat, not pre!) surprisingly none had within the past 6-9 months...they seemed pretty uninterested in the topic..like it was something that happened to other girls.

Were these just atypical girls (one was a complete stunner who only worked Rainbow 4 occasionally) or is the the "gogo girls do aids testing" thing just good press for pfp in BKK?

Does anyone have the straight story on this from the girls themselves?

As I said, there was a girl working at a popular bar onSC who dies from it. There have been others guys on this board have known who were working with it as well. So as far as the bar's health checks, I would tend to doubt it.

SSG told me once or twice that she got herself checked once a month, but many girls did not. I tend to think it is not mandatory in ALL bars, and thus would not count on it.

I don't get the idea that there is a difference between girls hanging on the street on lower suk and girls in a gogo. They are all doing the same thing. HIV testing in the gogos is an urban myth. I'm sure there is a bar or two that does require testing. But anyone who thinks gogo girls in general are tested and therefore safer than suk street girls may be fooling themselves.

>A few years ago a good friend of mine was working as an AIDS counselor in Bangkok. He would not tell me specific cases but would tell me what SC bars to stay out of. His estimate at that time was about 1 in 30 on the Soi was HIV positive.

Just a quick point that the maths on that does not work out. Given that each bar on cowboy has at least 30 girls working and some many more, on average there would be one (or more) girl HIV positive in each bar. If he's teling you specific bars to stay out of, there *must* be less than one girl positive per bar - and hence a lower rate than 1 in 30...

Archived