80% of Mobile Clinic Results HIV Positive!

Dali

Correct of course too...

Naybe our doctors can confirm this but the time to detect HIV+ isn't any longer 6 months but 3-4 weeks.

Just had a blood test last week as part of a medical (clear - thank God!) and I asked him about this as I had heard this too.

He said that a test CAN pick it up, but the problem is that the body may not produce the HIV antibodies for up to a period of 3 or 4 months.

Bottom line is, use a condom and all will be well.

Oh... has Buddha posted on this thread yet? Didn't think so.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't get the idea that there is a difference between girls hanging on the street on lower suk and girls in a gogo.

The difference is the chances of intravenues drug use are bigger amongst streetwalkers so the the risk of catching HIV is also bigger.

Generally agree with MaiLuk - testing in bars is a myth, and positive girls could continue working for years by avoiding tests, buying the stamp, etc, IF the bar bothered to have a real policy. But I don't think there's a real policy in place, and the street girls are so diverse (and most of them were go-go girls until closing, right?) that you can't really say their much different.

I agree Topcatta that drugs play a greater role on the street (and that drugs - not HIVpos status - lead girls to leave the bars for the street), but not so much intravenous use in Thailand - it's smoking methamphetamine, and while it doesn't have as strong a connection as shooting, it does lead to uninhibited behaviour, need for cash (so willing to do more for less: the 200 baht ST, get fucked by Thai dealers for half a pill, go bareback with a guy who won't come for two hours...), and weakened immune system, all of which contribute to higher risk. I would definitely wager that most of the girls who look like sh*t on lower Suk do so not because of AIDS symptoms, but because of yaa baa. :twocents:

YimSiam

>

Just a quick point that the maths on that does not work out. Given that each bar on cowboy has at least 30 girls working and some many more, on average there would be one (or more) girl HIV positive in each bar. If he's teling you specific bars to stay out of, there *must* be less than one girl positive per bar - and hence a lower rate than 1 in 30...

Some bars would have none, and thus he would give me a thumbs up. Others might have four or five out of their 30 or so girls and he would tell me to stay away. But overall the average was about 1 in 30 THAT HE KNEW OF. There were obviously probably a lot more he wasn't aware of.

Just a word on those Wikipedia statistics, they are generally based on studies of married couples in Africa where one partner is HIV+ but the other isn't but the couple still have unprotected intercourse. They would for example look at 200 couples and after 5 years count the number of originally HIV- partners who had gone on to catch HIV, ask the study participants how many times they had intercourse and try to work out from that the chances of catches HIV per sexual act. They are misleading for a number of reasons. The first is that a person is more infective in the months immediately after they have caught HIV, or when they have developed AIDS. They are least infective if they are receiving anti-viral drugs. So you're a lot more at risk if you sleep with a whore who caught HIV 3 months ago (quite a likely scenario) than sleeping with your wife who caught HIV 2 years ago and is receiving treatment. Second they were studying married couples who had already been having unprotected sex for some time but one of the partners remained HIV-. This suggests the HIV- partner may be one of the lucky few who are immune or less likely to catch HIV. Third the risks of oral sex are difficult to quantify because relatively few couples consistently practice unprotected oral sex but protected intercourse. One interesting study was of gay men in San Francisco. About 20% of new HIV cases were of men who said they had been having unprotected oral sex with their partner but protected anal sex.

A lot of doctors think the chances of catching HIV are a lot higher than those commonly quoted. If in the heat of the moment you're in your hotel room thinking 'well there's only a 1 in 100 chance of her having HIV and even if she does only a 1 in 2000 chance of her giving it to me' then you could be making a mistake that will cost you your life.

So more stats. From the conflicting pictures painted by the Ministry of Health, local NGO's, and UNAIDS. Thai infections it would appear rest in the wide ballpark of between 250,000 and 500,000 with NGO's saying the high number of course (they need funding). Not a terrible number of people who are HIV+ in a country of 76 million people, respectively.

True number is probably in the middle as the government and NGO's are both full of shit :cover:

Now, about Thai BG's, and street whores from Phuket to Mae Sai

1. Go go testing is pure bollocks. You can pay a clinic doc for a stamp if the bar does want it, and most don't keep up with that shit at all :doah:

2. They will bareback their boyfriend who fucks gag worthy Thai street whores and then give that love to you :sex::eek:

3. You've still got decent odds, but Soi Cowboy has some broads with the disease right now.. cute girls too not skanky street whores.

I remember the cute lass OH is referring to on Soi Cowboy. She was fucking 'til the end. Sweet girl... she was not up front with customers about it at all.

Meanwhile, as numbers go.. the number of people here with full blown AIDS who are now demanding ARV drugs is in under 50,000 presently. It is a vocal minority though who feel entitled to new patented drugs, and just in the last month the bleeding hearts and NGO's finally got the Thai government to agree to knock off a phase 2 ARV drug.

It is an expensive drug (forgot the name), but the government can do it under a UN provision on violating patent laws for medical treatment. I just think of it as more people living longer, which is not where government funding should go...

People live too long anyhow. If you want to live forever and have a "Magic Johnson" experience on ARV's then you should pay for it IMHO.

Cheers,

thenumbers

Interesting theory. I might add, that people living with HIV/AIDS, do live longer. The question is, are they being responsible while living longer? The longer they live, the chances are they can spread this to more people. Of course the longer they live, the more you can study the desease and learn, hopefully finding a cure. or better yet, a prevention (other than abstenence).

I would advocate the nationalization of all health care, in all countries, so the richest person gets the same care as the poorest...or vice versa. No need to retrict health and wellness to those who can afford it. Most people cannot afford quality care as it is, Which in the USA, with out medical insurance, includes me.

Interesting post TN, but about this part:

I remember the cute lass OH is referring to on Soi Cowboy. She was fucking 'til the end. Sweet girl... she was not up front with customers about it at all.

How do punters know a girl in a bar is positive? Does the mamasan tell you? Or does thre girl tell you herself? I've asked a few girls I know well in SC and NEP and Pattaya if they know anyone with HIV and they get a blank look on their faces and say "mai roo". (When of course they would!)

I wouldn't think many girls would be "up front with it". It wouldn't really auger well for potential customers would it?

Imagine the scenario:

"I pay bay you?"

"Yes, but I have HIV."

On the flip-side, I'm sure there's punters out there who know they're positive, still playing the scene, but it's not something you're going to tell a girl as you ask to pay bar I wouldn't have thought.

I'll say the same thing I've said before... play it safe with anyone you have sex with. Hooker/GTG or sister (If you're Tasmanian).

MooNoi

As for the aforementioned SC girl, the bar's official story is/was, that she went home, and was hit by a car. The girls in the bar told us she had had Aids, supposedly contracted from her German BF, and that she had been sick for awhile. She'd go home when it flared up, and return when beaten back a bit...apparently, she went home and died. She was a very nice girl, and a lot of fun to talk to.

I didn't know the girl who's picture was on the cover of the book "No Money No Honey" but the word is she died of Aids as well, after working in Patpong for a long time. Kind of puts a face on it.

It's interesting. I've noticed when I've been in a few of the bars I'm a regular in, and noticed a girl who worked there for a while isn't there anymore. Quite often the simple answer from mamasan or one of the girls is just: "Go home. Not work anymore".

Could mean one of 5000 reasons, but the question does form in your mind: "Why?"

Part of the occupational hazards of the job I guess.

Archived