80% of Mobile Clinic Results HIV Positive!

Dali

As for the Asian prevalence statistics listed they lists pretty much Thailand, Burma & Cambodia around 1.5% & then china, laos & vietnam much lower.

Not sure what to think, but the number for LOS at least seem to be on par with other stats.

As for HIV testing of thai p4p girls in the farang areas I tend to believe nothing of it given the money driven way of it all & that its illegal etc.

Still I'll never forget the eden girl I picked up in thermae who told me the next day was 'testing' day for blood i.e. HIV.

She told it as matter factly & she have absolutely no incentive to lie about it & that may be one of the bars who did or still do have persistant policy on this as well as condom use on site at least :beer:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't get the idea that there is a difference between girls hanging on the street on lower suk and girls in a gogo.

The difference is the chances of intravenues drug use are bigger amongst streetwalkers so the the risk of catching HIV is also bigger. Gogo bars do have check ups but it is up to the girl if she actually gets checked. If she does do it regularly it still doesnt mean much since the incubation time of HIV takes at least 3 months to show up in the body. In those 3 months she has had a lot of customers...so what does a check up mean? It only takes one...and bad apples dont always show their spots on the outside.

Some BMers seem to think the aids scare is government induced to keep ppl on the 'right' path or something and totally ignore any safe sex, If that is true all governments are into it (seems a bit odd with such a culturally diverse group). Sounds like ostrich policy to me.

Just a quick point that the maths on that does not work out. Given that each bar on cowboy has at least 30 girls working and some many more, on average there would be one (or more) girl HIV positive in each bar. If he's teling you specific bars to stay out of, there *must* be less than one girl positive per bar - and hence a lower rate than 1 in 30...

From a purely theoretical point the maths might

be quite OK:

Bar A 30 girls, 0 positive

Bar B 30 girls, 0 posiive

Bar C 30 girls, 3 positive

So 1 in 30 and stay away from Bar C. If this is a realistic picture of the situation, I don't know of course.

I don't get the idea that there is a difference between girls hanging on the street on lower suk and girls in a gogo. They are all doing the same thing.

It's probably a difference in perception. Punters who stay at the Landmark and spend thousands of baht on go-go girls are presumably seen as lower risk than those punters who hang out on lower Suk. The first group only go with clean 'tested' girls. The others will take whatever's left. It's bullshit of course but perception is everything.

Maybe some of it is true or at least better probabilities...

As one BG in Pattaya said - she just go bareback with old fat men everyone else are bigger risks for being HIV+!

There's so much overlap these days I don't think anyone is guaranteed immunity. Paying more or going with the best looker in the bar sure doesn't guarantee anything.

The aids issue is indeed a political hot potato. It has been seriously exploited here in SFO and the USA as a whole. all sorts of crap posturing and manipulation in the early days while fighting for recognition and funding.

I read a few years back, that Aids/HIV got more funding than breast cancer and prostate cancer. Either one of which kills more people in the USA, than AIDS was killing (at that time) world wide. Yet Aids is at least in theory preventable, or at least the risks can be reduced with condoms and education.

Never forget, there is money involeved here, and the tendency to manipulate the facts/statistics has a big incentive.

As one BG in Pattaya said - she just go bareback with old fat men everyone else are bigger risks for being HIV+!

Well Elef...as one girl from Pattaya beer bars once said, "young guys always very scared of AIDS, old men don't care, wanna fuck without condom, they will die soon anyway" :crazy:

Archived