Rocky Balboa

Guest baldrick

Guest lazyphil

ok i know most will be cynical about this but its getting rave reveiws, anyone *seen* it.....i will jan 17th when its released.....slys in good shape for a 60 year old, or any year old......goes back tothe original flavor of rocky 1 and 2 before the movies though still great became a bit theatrical......

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Coincidenatlly I have the bootleg (pirated) version of it. The guy was giving me 3 for $10 and it was my 3rd choice (if you must know The Illusionist and Apacalypto the others ; )

I will watch it soon. Too busy. The original was very good and even a couple of the sequels. The movie takes place in the city I went to HS (Philadelphia) and its known as a boxing city in the sport. Joe Frazier...Meldrick Taylor...and a host of others.

I watched the bootleg....

3 for $5 at the swap meet

OK. first I was watching it on my little portable DVD player

But it was pretty good ,

no great but OK

The beginning story went pretty slow but the fight scenes were good ,

Sly must have worked his old ass off to get into shape :)

OC

ohh, good for watching the DVD , but not sure if I would want to pay $10 to see it on the big screen in OC

Sly has got to be in his '60s. Old boxers are a sad sight. Although I didn't live in his era, I've seen clips of an aged Joe Louis fighting in the '50s (remember, Louis fought in the '30s when he was in his prime) and I remember Larry Holmes fight an old Ali. Holmes was his former sparring partner and gave Holmes work when he was broke, and it was said Holmes cried after the match because Ali was his hero. However, Ali needed the money so they fought.

The 'Cinderella Man' and George Foreman's resurgent career are the exceptions to the role.

Stallone went on aintitcool.com for 20 days to answer reader questions and made a lot of casual fans hardcore fans (including me) You can probably still see these archived.

I haven't seen that the movie was coming to Bangkok and I was a fan of the other films (except for #5 which I prefer to deny the existance of)

The new one is available on dvd here and is perfect quality (must be an Oscar preview copy)

The movie is FAR better than the last one, and much more true to the original. I liked the popcorn rah-rah elements of Roccky 3 & 4, but this one is much more serious in nature with much more heart. Not the thrill ride of beating up the Russian, but a fitting send-off to a classic character. I would still like to see it on the big screen.

It should be noted that most critics, who initially scoffed at the mere idea of a 50+ Rocky back in the ring as a desperatre attempt by Stallone to be relevant again, have turned around and siad this is the best one since the original (which you may remember won Best Picture)

Archived