How did you discover Thailand?

junglesoup

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When did you come? What did you do when you got here?>

was sent on a job assignment by a former employer years ago. they said for 3-6 months but i worked finally over 4 years on that assignment.

and what did i do when i got here??? well i had to work and work and did not hit the nightlife for more than 2 months after my arrival! (well i caught up on that later!)

Buddies in Vietnam went on R&R in Bangkok in 1969. But I didn't get here until Feb 1973. Took some wrangling to get a Peace Corps university volunteer slot. Turned out my PC group included 4 VN vets and 2 lucky SOBs who been stationed in Thailand!

p.s. It was so cheap back then that on a living allowance of 1800 baht a month, I ate out every night and wore only tailor made clothes. Biah Singh 12 baht a big bottle, ST 30 baht, "aw nigh" 100 baht ... and the gal might stay with you the next day. Plus fast food crap hadn't arrived and the gals had nice norks and tiny waistlines! (Sigh ...)

First time was in 1991. My sister was teaching english in Japan, so me and my parents were on our way to visit her for a month during Christmas. Had a stop in Bangkok for 3 days.. During those 3 days I realized that this would be a place I would return to many times... and I have ever since. At that time I was 18 and my first time in Asia.

So my question is ? Has anyone else experienced Patpong for the first time accompanied with mommy and daddy ?????

I met a Thai girl back home, she were on a three month visa, and she asked if I would like to visit her in Thailand when her visa expired.

I said yes and bought a ticket. The girl called from Thailand and canceled, got a new bf there, and I were left with a ticket and nowhere to go.

As I could not cancel the ticket I tried making some arrangements. Two days after I got a lucky break and were able to cancel the flight due to the air carrier having to delay the flight I heard from someone in Thailand that could arrange a holiday and I decided to take the offer and re ordered a ticket.

Archived