All they have on their minds is money?

thalenoi

I watched Dr. Phil in tv tonight and in tonight's show they had women guests that indetified themselves as goldiggers. Fuck hell there are even agencies in the US that train girls how to catch a rich husband :D . Does this show represent the typical American? :grin:

Actually many of my collegues have been visiting the States and many times almost the freaking first question is how much do you earn when they meet new people :shocked:

Same-same, when I was living/working in Taiwan.

One of the first questions from the ladies; where do you work, how much do you make, etc.

For sure, this attitude is not unique to Thailand or the USA...maybe a common DNA trait of all the lovely young ladies??? :dunno:

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of the first questions from the ladies; where do you work, how much do you make, etc.

For sure, this attitude is not unique to Thailand or the USA...maybe a common DNA trait of all the lovely young ladies??? :dunno:

I don't seee any problem with that. In East Europe girls are VERY suspicious about foreigners visiting their country. If you don't pretend that you are there for business and simply telling them you're there for vacation, they'll think you're a sex tourist.

In Moldova, per exemple, you NEED a reason to be there (Real estate, Asset management for an investment fund, ect). Pretty much every girl with whom I spoke in a club would first ask me, (if they could speak some English) "Why are you in Chisinau?". If you don't have a "legitimate" answer, from my experience, a lot of them will blow you off. Answers like "tourist", "I want discover East Europe", or "I want to see a different culture" will NOT work. They will assume (correctly so, they are not naive) that you are here to fuck girls. Period.

Moral of the story : when asked why you're in Romania, Moldova, Bulgaria, Belarus, ect, lie, lie, lie, lie ! Tell them you're in there for business. If you tell them you're simply traveling, girls will think since their country is so pathetic and has nothing to offer, you must be there for sex.

This is valid for East Europe, but also I think for many others parts of the world.

I would say that is very unusual and being born and working my whole professional life in america, asking about how much one makes is a taboo...

I should have written that the first thing people do when they meet a new person is to estimate how much he makes with different types of questions.

What you wrote reflects my experiences working in an American multinational company. The management pays very variable salaries for same kind of positions and they try to keep it as a secrect by encouiraging people not to talk about their salaries. Ofcourse this doesn't work in this culture here, we discuss very openly about our bonuses and such and salary conflicts with the management are very common.

As several people have said it varies from lady to lady.

My teerak works for a travel agent in BKK. Next month we are going to Penang and she wanted to pay for the flights and the insurance. Obviously, I said I wanted to pay for both.

We eventually reached a compromise - I pay for the flight and she pay for the insurance: but it was a struggle.

Cheers

Fatbastard 33

Same-same, when I was living/working in Taiwan.

lived and worked in taipei for three years and had my fair share of taiwanese GFs. not once did any woman (or man, for that matter) ask me how much i made. sure they ask what kind of work you do, as this will weed out the english teachers. one reason taiwanese chix don't need to ask how much you're making is that they're earning (very) well themselves...

I don't know, but when sitting around LOS with guys from Europe etc, the topic of salaries and cost of living etc almost always comes up.

I have met janitors and floor installers in LOS who understood that these are shit paying jobs in the USA, but in UK, it can provide a 1 month holiday every year, and some other fun...I think it is more a matter of seeing what stuff costs, standard of living etc is in different places...I don't think it signifies anything more than that.

Now when a woman asks me flat out how much I make a year, whole different story/agenda...of course now some PC twat will pipe in and ask why...

Song mak,

By Twat, I ment Dumsoda...who I hate. The main reason is, I would think the guys are just curious as to what it takes to have what standard of living in the USA VS their country, and who ghas it better etc...comparing the differences/similariteis between countries...where as I would think the woman may be sizing you up to see how you compare to other offers etc...oh, and let me add, exceptions do aply, before some twat pipes in with "THAT ISN'T TRUE IN ALL CASES...WAH wha you are so mean to women blah blah..." crap...

Archived