Thai whores rescued by Christian saviours

wonderlust

[color:blue]"I grew up in the countryside in Phetchabun, northern Thailand. My parents were farmers and I helped them in the fields. We were poor but we always had enough to get by.

When I was about 15, my family fell apart. My father always drank a lot, but it became worse and worse, and he started becoming violent. So my mother, sister and I moved out.

I wanted to study to become a nurse, but when my parents split up I had to leave school and find work as a day labourer, harvesting crops for local farmers. I didn't like it much, and it only paid 100 baht ($3) a day.

At about that time a good friend moved to Bangkok, and when she came back to visit she told me she was earning a lot of money there as a waitress."[/color]

If I changed two words......sister to brother and Bangkok to Pattaya it is identical to the story of someone I know very well.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My Mrs has a cousin who was a BG. Shocked the family when she did it, but she wanted the easy money. As it happened, the gal married a older Frenchman who set up a travel agency. Husband has gone on to his reward, but wife and daughter are doing quite well with their travel agency. Strange how things can happen.

The only time I've ever heard a girl "had to" work in the farang sex business was a Pattaya girl who said she had a baby and her older sister said she had to go and work in Pattaya to pay for it. I think that's fairly common because no Thai man would pay for a girl who had had a baby but a lot of farang guys are prepared to pay for the rejects that Thai men don't want. I dont think most of them are from a background of poverty though. Girls who ended up in a Thai brothel at the age of 14 obviously are, but I don't think those who service farangs are. After all, they finish school at 14 and don't start in bars until at least 18 so they were doing something for 4 years. My tour of Isaan seemed to show that villages where these girls come from are fairly well-to-do by third world standards. And there are plenty of alternatives like the textile industry but it's more work for less money, that's the key.

I am sure Nightlight are good people and probably a shelter for Thai - brothel employees . I fail to see why a falang - scene bargirl would ever be interested to produce cheap jewels for a salary close to 0 . Could as well stay at home then in the first place .

Miss Pim is now up for studying accountancy ; god bless her but how does she respond to Mummy's phonecalls where the money for the lottery is ?

Articles like this one are ok because tehy help raising money for presumably good purposes but for reporting reality there are better ones . It is a PR product with a mission .

BuBi

I am sure Nightlight are good people and probably a shelter for Thai - brothel employees . I fail to see why a falang - scene bargirl would ever be interested to produce cheap jewels for a salary close to 0 . Could as well stay at home then in the first place .

Miss Pim is now up for studying accountancy ; god bless her but how does she respond to Mummy's phonecalls where the money for the lottery is ?

Articles like this one are ok because tehy help raising money for presumably good purposes but for reporting reality there are better ones . It is a PR product with a mission .

BuBi

It isn't a salary "next to zero"...they make 7,000 a month, with--get this--PAID holiday for christmas (two weeks) and Thai new year. How many service sector Thai jobs give their employees THAT? Sure, they have to endure bible studies every day, but the bible studies put together with the every-other-day English classes and the hour off for lunch each day means that they often work only 4-5 hours out of their 8 hour day.

I know so much about this because a woman I know very well decided to try it out and she likes it quite well. Granted, she's atypical compared to lots of the women there: over 40, started in the business late, doesn't live extravagantly at all, doesn't drink or smoke.

She worked at a small and not very busy soi 4 bar that treated its employees like shit and cut the hell out of their salary: fines for not getting enough bar fines in a month, not enough lady drinks, or for a skirt that was not short enough, or for not wearing enough makeup. Most months she didn't even come close to getting her full monthly pay (3,500). And she rarely went with customers (even though she did have offers fairly often). She never got hooked on the lifestyle or the sex like many younger girls do.

So for her, as much as I abhor born-agains like the woman who runs it, I have to say that it's a pretty good deal. Other girls there, she tells me, don't stick with it long, as they do miss their top-of-the-line cellphones and other goodies they can't afford on 7K a month.

preahko

preahko ,

my knowledge in this field results from financial reports of a foundation where I help funding this kind of activities . would they pay the ladies 7000 a month for commercially useless things like putting glass pearls together I would immediately stop sending even one penny . Either do something that is sustainable and probably expensive or just keep her alive plus 500 pocketmoney a month . How long would they pay them 7000 , til they die ? Studying accountancy , my arse .

I am almost sure the whole " interview " is fake , knowing that the typical customers would be brutally exploited girls from Thai brothels or completely worn out whores in their 40-ies who are at the end of their road . Why would a ( voluntarily ) working girl waste 30.000 a month in exchange for a fraction of that from a charity and not go home straight away to the family , makes no sense .

Again , it is ok to write such articles because it raises money for good purposes but if you like to learn about Thai reality , better go to SC and spend some bucks on ladydrinks .

BuBi

preahko ,

my knowledge in this field results from financial reports of a foundation where I help funding this kind of activities . would they pay the ladies 7000 a month for commercially useless things like putting glass pearls together I would immediately stop sending even one penny . Either do something that is sustainable and probably expensive or just keep her alive plus 500 pocketmoney a month . How long would they pay them 7000 , til they die ? Studying accountancy , my arse .

I am almost sure the whole " interview " is fake , knowing that the typical customers would be brutally exploited girls from Thai brothels or completely worn out whores in their 40-ies who are at the end of their road . Why would a ( voluntarily ) working girl waste 30.000 a month in exchange for a fraction of that from a charity and not go home straight away to the family , makes no sense .

Again , it is ok to write such articles because it raises money for good purposes but if you like to learn about Thai reality , better go to SC and spend some bucks on ladydrinks .

BuBi

well, I'm not sure how "commercially useless" the glass bead jewelry is...have you seen their website? It sells for like $25-$50 a piece if I remember correctly...personally I think it's utter crap, but who knows how many americans with no taste (and a need to assuage their conscience) shell out for it?

I agree it's not sustainable or helpful to the girls in the long run...my point was just what they're actually making in the here and now. I'm certainly not trying to defend any born again Xians with a warped view of thai reality.

Interestingly, my friend tells that the vast majority of girls there are a lot younger than her. I too am rather baffled as to why they go for it...though as I noted, many of them don't last too long. I'm willing to bet it's the older ones who stick it out.

preahko

I doubt the interview is fake; they just probably had to interview a number of girls to get the "right" angle they were looking for...

Organizations like these probably offer enogh money (yes, not what they can make in the bars or nightclubs, MPs, etc) but more importantly they give them some hope/caring, needed attention, psy and emotional support and which is not in the entertainment business. Less not forget that 80 to 85% of thai women are not in the entertainment business. Most of thailand is either poor or getting by and people can and do survive without the need to be a whore...

The biggest difference between a girl who chooses an entertainment life and one who does not is coming from a good (meaning values, morals, good-decsion-making, less disruptive life vices, etc) and supportive/role-modeling family.

All my nursing students have the same socio-econ background of their "night" sisters but the family selected nursing for them as the way to contribute for them to the family coffers. This occurs in all the other vocations as well be it accounting, adminstrative work, etc...

Rarely will you find a farang sex worker come from a decent family. They are in the sex BECAUSE of their family....

CB

Archived