How to becoming a tourist police volunteer?

whitelotuslane

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So finally found a map Link which is half way

Soi Buakaow is according to this map

Pattayatai 22

Pattayaklang 11 or 13

but no Soi in the name.

Dude that Map has at least 80 mistakes on it! :grin:

It must be relatively new since it has LK Metro! Soi VC is missing, I wonder where you park your car when the VC Parking lot doesn't exist??? :grin:

Soi Vinai they made Soi Bonkot 3

Soi Chayada became Soi Chalermphrakiat 33 & 35 etc...

Soi Chalermphrakiat is another name for Sai Sahm (3rd Road)

Looks like they didn't know the names of the sois and gave them numbers!

Look at the THREE??? Soi Pattayaland, they have numbers everywhere and there they haven't because according to this map there would be a soi 13/5

Worst shit is that SBK is named Soi Pattayasai 22 and all of a sudden they call it SBK.

Ask the girl of your choice to go to the market on Soi 22, make a picture of her look!

This map is totally and entirely alienating! There are 100 maps that feature the real street names and 1 that says a lot of funny things! The score is 100:1 but maybe now we know how this other website made their research!

Exactly, a newbie on his first visit to Pattaya needing a map I've never seen before. :grin:

An other mistake is naming Sois 1 and up as Soi Pattaya 1.... - never heard in all my life. :thumbdown:

But the big objection to the Soi 22 concept is that it doesn't exist except on one single website - bangkokeyes.com. :cool:

An other mistake is naming Sois 1 and up as Soi Pattaya 1.... - never heard in all my life.

Sorry, but that's exactly what the soi signs say "Pattaya x" with x being the soi number. Tourists (and those in the tourist trade) would call it "Beach Road Soi x". I've also used "Saai Haad" in the past, as a literal translation of Beach Road.

But remember that Pattaya once was a small village, a single road along the bay. Much like Naklua, Bang Saray, etc. Those sois indeed would just have been called "Pattaya x"

I do believe that SBK is Pattaya Tai 22 on the South Pattaya road side. That's not bad, or strange, loads of sois have numbers and names, especially also in Bangkok.

I got the final answer to the Soi 22 Question and I got proof! I don't like it! I spoke to my business partner today and he told me that when Soi LK Metro opened for Nightlife attractions Soi Buakhao area became a new and independent district! Since there has been added a couple of smaller sois the good people from City Hall have decided to add numbers to the road signs in September 2006 since all these names sound alike to farangs and would confuse them they said!! He told me he remembers the article in one of the Pattaya papers! I was looking for the article on the net but couldn't find it! However the soi numbers are for orientation but not official soi names!

Since I have the entire city on video I have checked and found this:

1176671273-premiere093873823.JPG

The story I have been told checks out, it explains why the road sign and former avatar of WLL was fabricated with photo shop because they couldn't have taken the picture on September first when the article was released, it also checks out that these people from BKKeyes doing a good research, they have been aware of the situation while probably 90& of all Pattaya people haven't even noticed it!

Sherlock, Sherlock, Sherlock.

Well done.

You deserve a foot massage now.

After all this investigating, it will most certainly be a piece of cake for you to let Whitelotuslane know how to become a tourist police volunteer, won't it?

Just tuned in, waded through all these ridiculous personal demon posts and still miss the answer to the initial question...

or do I have to ask the same question on the board bar?

Archived