How to becoming a tourist police volunteer?

whitelotuslane

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nope. Do a google-image search on 'buakhao' and check the first image that comes up. That's all.

But as it upsets everyone so much, I'll change my avatar. How's that for being accommodating.

Nice move N00b!

That road sign thingie was fun since it came from such a reliable source, who would have possibly thought of the outcome! :grin:

However, let me apologize to you for being rude and calling you a troll, that's what happens to n00bs sometimes when they talk about things which they have no idea of! You impressed me by reading Thai, so I thought I will give you a chance! Chok Dee :beer:

Up to you, I don't care, what's interesting is why the website where you found your old avatar is promoting a certain soi in Pattaya and why he tries to introduce a name of it which was never used before or after, which I think I've proved. :grin:

I still don't understand this. Why would whoever runs bangkokeyes not only go to the bother of faking a photo of a street sign but also create street maps which label the soi 'Soi 22' and 'Soi Buakaew'? What could possible be gained??!? Are you SURE that sign doesn't exist?

The sign may very well exist (maybe with a different number), but it's irrelevant as Soi 22 has never been used in Pattaya. Either it's a practical joke with a person who knows little or nothing about Pattaya, or is at try to create a Soi 22 reputation in Pattaya equal to the one in BKK or a mix of both. I guess the last one and as I soon go back to Pattaya I will have something to tell in a month or so. :grin:

The sign exists and the white round thingie in the middle is BLANK! I also think it is rather a practical joke with some connection to Soi 22 in BKK. The map however is as ridiculous as the claim there would be a soi 22!!! First of all they spell it wrong on the map and it says "Soi Bua Khow Soi 22 South Pattaya Road" Since when you only name 1 road? Either you are saying Between Pattaya Klang and Pattaya Tai or you only say Soi BK Pattaya Klang. The way they labled it on the map refers to the end of the soi and makes completely no sense! SD was trying to make a point that Will Morledge is usually very correct in his reports! Maybe an associate did the research!

Maybe the OP just wanted to make a point how stupid Pattaya people are or maybe he is one of the stupid people himself! However it is shocking how less people know about things when they are NOT about the typical red light areas! Even assuming that there could be a Soi 22 proofs that people have no clue! It is like saying Soi Cowboys real name would be Soi 5000! The difference is that people that go to BKK know it is impossible and Pattaya people usually don't go to Soi BK, the longest way they go is to LK Metra which connects to Soi BK to get a BJ at Lolitas! Not knowing Soi BK means not knowing Pattaya as it is the Soi where your lady of the night buys her clothes on the market, where she gets gasoline for her scooter, where the most of them live etc... Everything there is alomst half price compared to Big C, Royal Garden or Carrefour , Motorbike Rental for 90 baht a day, Motorbike sales are 15% off to the main roads, Soi BK is a culinary heaven if you like Thai and Isaan food. It is THE street in Pattaya where the real life of the Thai people is happening. It just shows one more time the difference between BKK and Pattaya people, Pattaya people are only interested in the nightlife because if people would use their head they would know that Soi 14 on walking street crosses Phratamnak Road and turns into Soi 17!

Interesting here is that Second Road turns into Phratanmak Road AFTER Soi Pattaya Tai. Soi 17 is between Phratanmak Road (2nd Road) and Third Road, which means it is between the same roads as Soi BK south and parallel to Pattaya Tai! The existence of Soi 22 is hereby impossible since sois are counted from north to south! PERIOD

The entire internet shows also no reference to a soi 22 in Pattaya, only Bangkokeyes does that and it must be clearly a joke! :beer:

Heads up to the OP to stir the pot (if he knew it)

Archived