How to becoming a tourist police volunteer?

whitelotuslane

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi!

I used to stay on soi 17 15+ yers ago at the Paradise Inn just above the sikh temple. If you look carefully you will find that it is the extension of the narrow end of soi Diamond. Soi 14 and 15 are closer the school.

Interesting here is that Second Road turns into Phratanmak Road AFTER Soi Pattaya Tai.

Correct.

Soi 17 is between Phratanmak Road (2nd Road) and Third Road,

Actually soi 17 goes all the way to Thepprasit at which end there used to be a bunch of low budget knocking shops. I don't know if they are still there as it must be 10 years since I was there.

which means it is between the same roads as Soi BK south and parallel to Pattaya Tai! The existence of Soi 22 is hereby impossible since sois are counted from north to south! PERIOD

I really don't understand what you are saying here. Sois off roads going from north to south are numbered as you say but roads going from east to west also have numbers and are numbered from east to west. This means that Pattaya Nua, Pattaya Klang and Pattaya Tai are numbered from Sukhumvit down to Beach rd.

I have a friend that used to live on soi 18 off Pattaya Tai. This is further up towards Sai saam and close to the radio tower on the upper side of Sai saam. Therefore I know that that the sois off Pattaya Thai have numbers. Bua Khao could well be soi 22 at the Pattaya Tai end but I know for a fact that it has another number at the Pattaya Klang end. After all logic is not a big thing in Thailand.

As a side note all sois were reenumerated some years ago. E.g. soi Honey Inn, where I used to stay, used to be soi 10 but was changed to soi 11 off secod rd.

regards

ALHOLK

P.S. As you live there and I think you ride a bike you can check everything I posted.

In less than a week I'll check your thesis but I'll not go online just to report what I will find out. Just a few preliminary objections:

- with 99.99 % security there're no sois with numbers on North Pattaya Rd

- I've checked every map I've collected since 1999 and there's not one single one having Sois with numbers between North and South Pattaya Roads except the normal Sois 1-13

BTW, if you go by motorbike taxi from north to south (or opposite) you'll find out that Soi Buakaow not stops at Pattaya Klang... Not a perfect match and a change of names but you can continue all the way up to North Pattaya Rd. :grin:

I am sure not many people would find Soi 18 :)

What you say is basically all right, once you confused something i think an the remark about Soi 22 is made by assumptions and is wrong!

Sois off roads going from north to south are numbered as you say but roads going from east to west also have numbers and are numbered from east to west. This means that Pattaya Nua, Pattaya Klang and Pattaya Tai are numbered from Sukhumvit down to Beach rd.

I know what you mean :) But you have contradicted yourself. Beach is east side, it numbers from Beach Road (1st Road) up west to Sukhumvit Road not the other way around, but I guess that's what you meant!

I have a friend that used to live on soi 18 off Pattaya Tai. This is further up towards Sai saam and close to the radio tower on the upper side of Sai saam. Therefore I know that that the sois off Pattaya Thai have numbers. Bua Khao could well be soi 22 at the Pattaya Tai end but I know for a fact that it has another number at the Pattaya Klang end. After all logic is not a big thing in Thailand.

As a side note all sois were reenumerate some years ago. E.g. soi Honey Inn, where I used to stay, used to be soi 10 but was changed to soi 11 off secod rd.

Okay, I am trying not to make that sound like rocket science. Not all sois have been reenumerate, only those who got new a soi in between two sois. When a new hotel is built and there is no road connection to the hotel they build a new soi, the first hotel gets to pick the name of the soi, they also got numbers in the past. Soi LK Metro is named after the LK Metroploe Hotel. Honey Inn after Honey Inn etc.... 3 years ago they have stopped giving them numbers because too many sois are popping out!

I say it again, Soi BK is not Soi 22, it never was and will never be. It has no different number on the Pattaya Tai end and the Pattaya Klang end because it has no number at all, never had and will never have!

Soi BK can't have this high number it would beone of the new sois like LK Metro who would get this number. It is not adding up and blaming thais for their bad logic just to make a point you have no proof for is not nice :). Count the sois from Honey Inn to the right to Pattaya Tai, even when you do that you don't get 22 Sois in this district!

However, I have stated 5 times already that I know the street sign because I buy my gas at that motorbike shop, it is on the corner of Soi BK and Pattaya Tai. I Don't have to swing on my Steel Pony :) to check that.

Hi!

But you have contradicted yourself. Beach is east side, it numbers from Beach Road (1st Road) up west to Sukhumvit Road not the other way around, but I guess that's what you meant!

I stand corrected. Of course Beach rd. is to the east. An easy mistake to make after a few beers. However the sois are still numbered from Sukhumvit down towards Beach Rd.

Not all sois have been reenumerate, only those who got new a soi in between two sois. When a new hotel is built and there is no road connection to the hotel they build a new soi, and Pattaya Tai are still numbered from Sukhumvit towards Beach Rd.

I didn't state that all sois were reenumerated. However you are still wrong. The first time I was in Pattaya (1982) I stayed at a place on soi Postoffice (Praysannee). This soi existed then but didn't have a number until the reenumeration when it became soi 13/2.

Count the sois from Honey Inn to the right to Pattaya Tai, even when you do that you don't get 22 Sois in this district!

Soi BK is a parallel to Sai song (2:nd rd.) not a soi off it. Sois are numbered after the main roads they branch out from.

I still emplore you to take your bike and ride up Pattaya Klang and look at the signs of sois. I do know about soi 18 off Pattaya Tai but have never observed the soi 22 sign. I often visit the market and know "your bike shop" very well.

I hope to come to Pattaya in July and will be happy to go with you on a tour. If you provide the bike I will provide the beer. :)

regards

ALHOLK

Not knowing Soi BK means not knowing Pattaya as it is the Soi where your lady of the night buys her clothes on the market, where she gets gasoline for her scooter, where the most of them live etc... Everything there is alomst half price compared to Big C, Royal Garden or Carrefour , Motorbike Rental for 90 baht a day, Motorbike sales are 15% off to the main roads, Soi BK is a culinary heaven if you like Thai and Isaan food. It is THE street in Pattaya where the real life of the Thai people is happening.

Excellent. THAT is why I called SBK interesting. Couldn't have said it better myself. :)

..Anyway, back to water-related activities.. :)

Alholk, we must have a language barrier here :)

I stand corrected. Of course Beach rd. is to the east. An easy mistake to make after a few beers. However the sois are still numbered from Sukhumvit down towards Beach Rd.

I not quite get what you are saying Alholk, First of all I was responding that ROADS (not SOIS) are numbered from East to West, you also said from Suk to Beachroad, it is the other way around! Starts with 1 ends with 3. What you were saying is that they number from Suk down to Beach Road!

SOIS aren't numbered from Suk to BRd they the numbers increase from North to South independently for each district! Districts are not separated by North / Center / South they are separated by the Main Roads heading from north to South (Beach, Song, Sam and Suk) The exception is south Pattaya where the sois expand over the main roads! That's how it is possible that there is a Soi 18, that is why itis also impossible that there is a soi 22 anywhere near SBK! Hope my english was well enough to clear that up, basically I believe we are talking about the same thing!

I didn't state that all sois were reenumerated. However you are still wrong. The first time I was in Pattaya (1982) I stayed at a place on soi Postoffice (Praysannee). This soi existed then but didn't have a number until the reenumeration when it became soi 13/2.

You had plenty of beers, admit it :) you said "As a side note all sois were reenumerate some years ago. E.g. soi Honey Inn..." Soi Post Office is still Soi post Office and has an additional number Soi 13/2, it go it's name because of the Post Office, that was the reason why the soi was built, Soi 14 has already existed on Walking street thats why it got that funny number!

Soi BK is a parallel to Sai song (2:nd rd.) not a soi off it. Sois are numbered after the main roads they branch out from.

Exactly my point, I was just giving the thought credit that there could be 22 sois in this district and even by counting all sois in the entire Bk district you wouldn't get a number higher than 12. The theory is nonsense of course and so is the claim of the existence of Soi 22

I still emplore you to take your bike and ride up Pattaya Klang and look at the signs of sois. I do know about soi 18 off Pattaya Tai but have never observed the soi 22 sign. I often visit the market and know "your bike shop" very well.

I hope to come to Pattaya in July and will be happy to go with you on a tour. If you provide the bike I will provide the beer. :)

I know for a fact that the sign on Pattaya Klang says, Soi Buakhao (no number) don't forget, SBK is a two way street it is actually accessible from Pattaya Klang and Pattaya Tai in both directions!

Don't drink and drive :) and if you knew my thirst you knew that renting a bike would come in cheaper for you :) Let's forget that topic because I still believe we are talking about the same thing and focus on the "SLAMPAS" and the beer :)

Archived